X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan McBain
    started a topic The Dan & Scott Show Archives

The Dan & Scott Show Archives

The Dan & Scott Show Archives (Click on the link)

I stumbled upon the Dan & Scott show when I was in college. Sadly the show is no more. But it was one of the reasons why I was so inspired to get into radio.

To fully enjoy some of the bits Dan & Scott do on the show, you may require some background info. Here is a PARTIAL list of segments from the show along with descriptions of each to get you caught up to speed. (Note: "P" means that winners win points).

SCOTT FREE ON HOLD: This bit COULD NOT be done on traditional radio. It's just too #%$&ing dirty. Adults only. This is the most requested bit D&S do. Dan calls local businesses and doesn't tell them they are on the air. He starts asking just plain, everyday type of questions i.e.: how late are you open, do you have product X etc. Dan then says "Shit, I'm the only one here at work, can I put you on hold?" Of course, he doesn't really put the person on hold--they play a tape that SOUNDS like the person is on hold. On the tape is Scott pretending to be a typical Top 40 DJ. His name is Scott Free and he works at a fictional radio station called Magic 105. But, there is one difference--Scott is trying to be as offensive as you could imagine. It's our little experiment to see if society as a whole is burnt out on the white noise of background music, music on hold, etc. Give it a listen, YOU WILL LOVE IT!

THE DON WEST GAME: Join Dan & Scott as they find out what happens when Don West--that screaming guy who sells baseball cards in the middle of the night on the Shop at Home Network--calls random people out of the blue to see if they want to go out. Here's the catch: Don isn't actually talking, though. These are Don's soundbytes that Scott has effectively pulled for us to play the game. How long can someone talk to soundbytes of Don? You'd be surprised!

THE DAVID HIESEL GAME: Very similar to The Don West Game, except this time The Boys use the voice of "a friend of a friend". This is a classic D&S bit.

THIS ISN'T PHONE SEX YOU DUMB F**K!: The Freaks trick idiot guys to call in and have phone sex with a hot female while, unknowingly, the world listens. The listeners change their names to sound like "hot, horny girls" in chat-rooms all over the Internet. Pretty soon guys start private messaging them for phone sex and they give out their "home" number (which is actually our studio line). When these dorks call in, we patch them through to one of our female listeners who precedes to have phone sex with them. Over the course of their conversation, she makes them do embarrassing things (i.e. hitting their penis on the phone, singing the Star Spangled Banner)--and when it's most embarrasing, we break in with lasers and sound effects and "This Isn't Phone Sex, You Dumb F***!" This is our second most requested bit.

HERE BESSY...: Dan calls butcher shops to see if they will sell him a cow's heart for masturbatory purposes. This is based on a true story about a kid who electrocuted himself after he tried to mate with a cow's heart that was hooked up to an electrical current. This bit, fortunately, doesn't lead to death, as in the true story.

SCURVY: Dr's. Bohrnamiearien and Stooldrip (Dan and Scott) call the elderly to see if they ate fruit! Their mission: to educate the elderly about the dangers of scurvy and the importance of vitamin C. It's just one of many of our public service messages. (P)

THE OL' BLOWN NIPPLE PRANK!: Dan calls tire repair stores to see if they will help him repair the nipple of his love doll.

XXX FILES: Join The Boys to mess around with the usual UFO, Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Ghost and Vampire loving nuts! In this segment Dan & Scott pretend that they are real talk-show hosts. They do an "Art Bell" type of show (paranormal, unexplained topics). Everything you hear, except for the guest, is 100% fake. The listeners call in and ask rude or obscene questions, as do Dan and Scott, and poor little Amy the call screener usually ends up fired or quits. This is a very interactive segment. The calls from the Freaks are what puts this bit over the top.

PASS THE SLIVOVICH! - IT'S DRUNK OF THE WEEK!: Time to find the drunkest person in the country to talk about the issues YOU really care about!

ASSWORD: Play our dirty version of the popular TV game show from the 70's. (See aditional terms below that are used in the game) (P)

RUMOR MILL: Dan and Scott spread rumors about celebrities by targeting one entire small town at a time.

TRUCKER BUDDY PROGRAM: Dan plays "Harry Nutsack," a Furbee delivering truck driver in search of a shower and a good time with the "lot lizards." Harry had a "particular testicular" removed due to cancer, and he now needs help changing the dressing. He calls truck stops all across America to see if anyone can help him out.

MILT THE PRIVATE DICK: Test your investigative skills and listen to Milt's mystery to try to figure out who committed the crime. Can you solve the mystery? (P)

OH, YOU'RE SH***ING ME!: Either Dan, Scott or Amy are lying. It's your job to figure out which one of them is telling the truth. (P)

OH NO, MY PENIS IS CAUGHT!: Dan tries to convince plumbers that his penis is caught in a bathtub drain and that he needs help getting it un-stuck.

TAKE MILT'S DIRTY POLL: Join Milt as he asks participants survey questions that are sure to make you sick--and perhaps even laugh. (P)

NAIL AMY: Your chance to NAIL Amy when you go one on one with her in a musical showdown! (P)

THE 7-11 GAME: Kumar needed some clamidia soup and tampons for the wife, so he called up 7-11's to find out how much change he had to bring in, to purchase, to take home these items. (P)

F**K IT!: Lance Manload hates his job. He would rather work at The Game Show Network. In light of that, he hopes that this game will serve as his audition. (P)

ASK SATAN: The Dark Lord stops by to answer grim questions from the audience and push any evil "projects" he may be working on.

KUMAR HAVING PHONE SEX: Our Indian friend, Kumar, has been very lonely lately so has turned to phone sex operators for companionship. Can he get phone sex his way?

DON'T LOSE YOUR LUNCH: The Boys give away FREE lunch from McDonalds. All you need to do is answer a few SIMPLE questions.

AMERICA'S GOING TO POT: Dan and Scott explore the world of drugs

• Cobaltqube
    replied
    If you are reading this.. We started a group on FB to brainstorm on ideas to perm host the show archives. The group is called Freak Army and all you fans/freaks are welcome to join us ;-) find us on FB My username here is also mine on FB if you want to join us. (Trying to avoid posting a url.. Bots and all dat) and help us get all of the shows in one place or even if you want to just BS with a bunch of freaks about the old days

Sorry for cross posting.. Its a one time thing.. Just trying to get the word out.

Leave a comment:

• xx2000xx
    replied
    Edit: Wow, with the magic of crazy expensive professional audio programs that I "tested" out I actually made all the .rm file quality so much better it's not even funny. I'll see if I can contact Ryan so I can truly get all the files, if I'm missing some which I think I might, and then put out a remaster edition of Dan and Scott if you will and then bust it out on torrents & mega drop box etc.... Good stuff.

Leave a comment:

• xx2000xx
    replied
    .RM & .RA are a joy to work with. I'm going to do this proper though and mess around with some programs to try and make a 1:1 converstion into .mp3 as it's easier to play, use in whatever device etc...... Not fun but if I'm missing some stuff I'll make another torrent or just put it all in a dropbox that will last a while for people to grab it that way.

Edit Wow, with the magic of crazy expensive professional audio programs that I "tested" out I actually made all the .rm file quality so much better it's not even funny. I'll see if I can contact Ryan so I can truly get all the files, if I'm missing some which I think I might, and then put out a remaster edition of Dan and Scott if you will and then bust it out on torrents & mega drop box etc.... Good stuff.
    Last edited by xx2000xx; 05-17-2016, 5:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• xx2000xx
    replied
    Man, you assholes let D&S die? The FTP isn't working, some of the links mentioned, and no seeds either. We can't live in a world where there's no way to get Dan and Scott so I'll be making a torrent soon. I don't know if I have what others did as I got mine from: ftp://dsdown:amy@danandscott.myftp.org:5040 I think. Around 6'ish gigs or so 96-2001 & Misc folder. Spread the word, but most will probably read this post 14 months after I post this, but I'll find a good place to promote it on Reddit too, to get some new fans. Maybe in the O&A or R&F section etc.....

Leave a comment:

• AthePG
    replied
    What happened to this thread? Most of the posts are missing.

Leave a comment:

• Zeb
    replied
    Originally posted by AthePG View Post
    Send your address to AthePG@gmail.com and I'll send the files to you. Be sure to put McGath in the subject line
    Hey, thanks for the offer. I forgot to check back here and eventually found an old backup disk. Still listening after 12 years, time flies.

Leave a comment:

• AthePG
    replied
    Send your address to AthePG@gmail.com and I'll send the files to you. Be sure to put McGath in the subject line

Leave a comment:

• Zeb
    replied
    I lost my files, is the torrent no longer working?

Leave a comment:

• AthePG
    replied
    Does anyone have any of the early eyada shows--from March 2000 to June 2000?

Leave a comment:

• sarablakely
    replied
    The Dan & Scott Show was an uncensored comedy program named for its hosts, Dan Schulz and Scott Wirkus. The show is credited as pioneering internet radio, with its uncensored comedy format that is now more commonplace both online and in satellite radio formats such as XM Satellite Radio and Sirius Satellite Radio.

The show was first made available as downloadable audio, an early form of podcasting, on AOL in 1995. It debuted as a live streaming audio format on April 1, 1996 first via Audionet.com AKA Broadcast.com. Throughout the show's five-year run, it moved from between several streaming providers such as Audionet, Audioactive, Talkspot.com, Radio HTB, and finally Eyada.com. They had the show on radiofun.com for a number of years as well.
    Last edited by sarablakely; 06-18-2012, 3:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Dazed_2
    replied
    Its sad that so many shows are lost into the ether, so many laughs that are missed.

All the shows at Hit the Beach, and the many shows at eyada not in the bittorrent archive.

Leave a comment:

• Zeb
    replied
    Anyone contacted Scott lately about his archives? Such a waste!

Leave a comment:

• ReidaOrdend
    replied
    The Dan Scott Show Archives

Did anyone ever read Its getting close to that hour...? Possibly the longest running character story in EVE.

Anyways, the folks here should post some quality IGS posts to show people how its done. Xavier had a pretty good one I thought.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan McBain
    replied
    Originally posted by AthePG View Post
    All the mail was blocked. It never even reached me. You failed. I had a good time. In spite of your efforts. You know that. That's my ultimate revenge on you. I had a good time. Which is something you'll never know. You'll never know what it means to have enjoyment from life...or anything. So go on, suffer your own miserable little lives. Try keep getting revenge on the universe which you're never going to succeed in getting. Go on. I laugh at your pathetic little existence. End of message
    LOL I had a good time!!!!!

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X