This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dan & Scott Show Archives

The Dan & Scott Show Archives (Click on the link)

I stumbled upon the Dan & Scott show when I was in college. Sadly the show is no more. But it was one of the reasons why I was so inspired to get into radio.

To fully enjoy some of the bits Dan & Scott do on the show, you may require some background info. Here is a PARTIAL list of segments from the show along with descriptions of each to get you caught up to speed. (Note: "P" means that winners win points).

SCOTT FREE ON HOLD: This bit COULD NOT be done on traditional radio. It's just too #%$&ing dirty. Adults only. This is the most requested bit D&S do. Dan calls local businesses and doesn't tell them they are on the air. He starts asking just plain, everyday type of questions i.e.: how late are you open, do you have product X etc. Dan then says "Shit, I'm the only one here at work, can I put you on hold?" Of course, he doesn't really put the person on hold--they play a tape that SOUNDS like the person is on hold. On the tape is Scott pretending to be a typical Top 40 DJ. His name is Scott Free and he works at a fictional radio station called Magic 105. But, there is one difference--Scott is trying to be as offensive as you could imagine. It's our little experiment to see if society as a whole is burnt out on the white noise of background music, music on hold, etc. Give it a listen, YOU WILL LOVE IT!

THE DON WEST GAME: Join Dan & Scott as they find out what happens when Don West--that screaming guy who sells baseball cards in the middle of the night on the Shop at Home Network--calls random people out of the blue to see if they want to go out. Here's the catch: Don isn't actually talking, though. These are Don's soundbytes that Scott has effectively pulled for us to play the game. How long can someone talk to soundbytes of Don? You'd be surprised!

THE DAVID HIESEL GAME: Very similar to The Don West Game, except this time The Boys use the voice of "a friend of a friend". This is a classic D&S bit.

THIS ISN'T PHONE SEX YOU DUMB F**K!: The Freaks trick idiot guys to call in and have phone sex with a hot female while, unknowingly, the world listens. The listeners change their names to sound like "hot, horny girls" in chat-rooms all over the Internet. Pretty soon guys start private messaging them for phone sex and they give out their "home" number (which is actually our studio line). When these dorks call in, we patch them through to one of our female listeners who precedes to have phone sex with them. Over the course of their conversation, she makes them do embarrassing things (i.e. hitting their penis on the phone, singing the Star Spangled Banner)--and when it's most embarrasing, we break in with lasers and sound effects and "This Isn't Phone Sex, You Dumb F***!" This is our second most requested bit.

HERE BESSY...: Dan calls butcher shops to see if they will sell him a cow's heart for masturbatory purposes. This is based on a true story about a kid who electrocuted himself after he tried to mate with a cow's heart that was hooked up to an electrical current. This bit, fortunately, doesn't lead to death, as in the true story.

SCURVY: Dr's. Bohrnamiearien and Stooldrip (Dan and Scott) call the elderly to see if they ate fruit! Their mission: to educate the elderly about the dangers of scurvy and the importance of vitamin C. It's just one of many of our public service messages. (P)

THE OL' BLOWN NIPPLE PRANK!: Dan calls tire repair stores to see if they will help him repair the nipple of his love doll.

XXX FILES: Join The Boys to mess around with the usual UFO, Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Ghost and Vampire loving nuts! In this segment Dan & Scott pretend that they are real talk-show hosts. They do an "Art Bell" type of show (paranormal, unexplained topics). Everything you hear, except for the guest, is 100% fake. The listeners call in and ask rude or obscene questions, as do Dan and Scott, and poor little Amy the call screener usually ends up fired or quits. This is a very interactive segment. The calls from the Freaks are what puts this bit over the top.

PASS THE SLIVOVICH! - IT'S DRUNK OF THE WEEK!: Time to find the drunkest person in the country to talk about the issues YOU really care about!

ASSWORD: Play our dirty version of the popular TV game show from the 70's. (See aditional terms below that are used in the game) (P)

RUMOR MILL: Dan and Scott spread rumors about celebrities by targeting one entire small town at a time.

TRUCKER BUDDY PROGRAM: Dan plays "Harry Nutsack," a Furbee delivering truck driver in search of a shower and a good time with the "lot lizards." Harry had a "particular testicular" removed due to cancer, and he now needs help changing the dressing. He calls truck stops all across America to see if anyone can help him out.

MILT THE PRIVATE DICK: Test your investigative skills and listen to Milt's mystery to try to figure out who committed the crime. Can you solve the mystery? (P)

OH, YOU'RE SH***ING ME!: Either Dan, Scott or Amy are lying. It's your job to figure out which one of them is telling the truth. (P)

OH NO, MY PENIS IS CAUGHT!: Dan tries to convince plumbers that his penis is caught in a bathtub drain and that he needs help getting it un-stuck.

TAKE MILT'S DIRTY POLL: Join Milt as he asks participants survey questions that are sure to make you sick--and perhaps even laugh. (P)

NAIL AMY: Your chance to NAIL Amy when you go one on one with her in a musical showdown! (P)

THE 7-11 GAME: Kumar needed some clamidia soup and tampons for the wife, so he called up 7-11's to find out how much change he had to bring in, to purchase, to take home these items. (P)

F**K IT!: Lance Manload hates his job. He would rather work at The Game Show Network. In light of that, he hopes that this game will serve as his audition. (P)

ASK SATAN: The Dark Lord stops by to answer grim questions from the audience and push any evil "projects" he may be working on.

KUMAR HAVING PHONE SEX: Our Indian friend, Kumar, has been very lonely lately so has turned to phone sex operators for companionship. Can he get phone sex his way?

DON'T LOSE YOUR LUNCH: The Boys give away FREE lunch from McDonalds. All you need to do is answer a few SIMPLE questions.

AMERICA'S GOING TO POT: Dan and Scott explore the world of drugs

Oh man... what happened to the archives?

Comment

PHEW
      for a second there they were gone, and I was left slapping my cock on the phone with no one on the other end... as it were

Comment

Originally posted by rogerw View Post
        PHEW
        for a second there they were gone, and I was left slapping my cock on the phone with no one on the other end... as it were
        Have you ever tried fisting? I heard that works better...

Comment

My head's so far up my ass that I can't fit anything else.

Something...something...but if you find the keys, you can drive out.

Comment

Dan and Scott were the bomb

I just loved the old Dan and Scott show these guys were on to something great and the Freaks knew it...I was wondering if the archives are gone i tried clicking link for them but page wasnt found hope it will be back....FREAK Army rules

Comment

yep i confirm, page wasnt found.

Comment

if anyone is looking for a particular show just let me know the date. If it's eyada post Oct 2000 I probably got it. I have a bunch of Talkspot shows as well.

Comment

Old Shows

i would love to get any old shows i can i just love listening to DnS while at work they are better than crap on radio

Comment

dan and scott archives

i guess the site where mcbain found those dan and scott archives is gone i havnt been able to access them in a couple weeks and i went to site blogjunktrunk.com and nothing was found so site is gone or down for a really long time...

Comment

Re the archives

Originally posted by Ryan McBain View Post
                      The Dan & Scott Show Archives (Click on the link)

I stumbled upon the Dan & Scott show when I was in college. Sadly the show is no more. But it was one of the reasons why I was so inspired to get into radio.

To fully enjoy some of the bits Dan & Scott do on the show, you may require some background info. Here is a PARTIAL list of segments from the show along with descriptions of each to get you caught up to speed. (Note: "P" means that winners win points).

SCOTT FREE ON HOLD: This bit COULD NOT be done on traditional radio. It's just too #%$&ing dirty. Adults only. This is the most requested bit D&S do. Dan calls local businesses and doesn't tell them they are on the air. He starts asking just plain, everyday type of questions i.e.: how late are you open, do you have product X etc. Dan then says "Shit, I'm the only one here at work, can I put you on hold?" Of course, he doesn't really put the person on hold--they play a tape that SOUNDS like the person is on hold. On the tape is Scott pretending to be a typical Top 40 DJ. His name is Scott Free and he works at a fictional radio station called Magic 105. But, there is one difference--Scott is trying to be as offensive as you could imagine. It's our little experiment to see if society as a whole is burnt out on the white noise of background music, music on hold, etc. Give it a listen, YOU WILL LOVE IT!

THE DON WEST GAME: Join Dan & Scott as they find out what happens when Don West--that screaming guy who sells baseball cards in the middle of the night on the Shop at Home Network--calls random people out of the blue to see if they want to go out. Here's the catch: Don isn't actually talking, though. These are Don's soundbytes that Scott has effectively pulled for us to play the game. How long can someone talk to soundbytes of Don? You'd be surprised!

THE DAVID HIESEL GAME: Very similar to The Don West Game, except this time The Boys use the voice of "a friend of a friend". This is a classic D&S bit.

THIS ISN'T PHONE SEX YOU DUMB F**K!: The Freaks trick idiot guys to call in and have phone sex with a hot female while, unknowingly, the world listens. The listeners change their names to sound like "hot, horny girls" in chat-rooms all over the Internet. Pretty soon guys start private messaging them for phone sex and they give out their "home" number (which is actually our studio line). When these dorks call in, we patch them through to one of our female listeners who precedes to have phone sex with them. Over the course of their conversation, she makes them do embarrassing things (i.e. hitting their penis on the phone, singing the Star Spangled Banner)--and when it's most embarrasing, we break in with lasers and sound effects and "This Isn't Phone Sex, You Dumb F***!" This is our second most requested bit.

HERE BESSY...: Dan calls butcher shops to see if they will sell him a cow's heart for masturbatory purposes. This is based on a true story about a kid who electrocuted himself after he tried to mate with a cow's heart that was hooked up to an electrical current. This bit, fortunately, doesn't lead to death, as in the true story.

SCURVY: Dr's. Bohrnamiearien and Stooldrip (Dan and Scott) call the elderly to see if they ate fruit! Their mission: to educate the elderly about the dangers of scurvy and the importance of vitamin C. It's just one of many of our public service messages. (P)

THE OL' BLOWN NIPPLE PRANK!: Dan calls tire repair stores to see if they will help him repair the nipple of his love doll.

XXX FILES: Join The Boys to mess around with the usual UFO, Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Ghost and Vampire loving nuts! In this segment Dan & Scott pretend that they are real talk-show hosts. They do an "Art Bell" type of show (paranormal, unexplained topics). Everything you hear, except for the guest, is 100% fake. The listeners call in and ask rude or obscene questions, as do Dan and Scott, and poor little Amy the call screener usually ends up fired or quits. This is a very interactive segment. The calls from the Freaks are what puts this bit over the top.

PASS THE SLIVOVICH! - IT'S DRUNK OF THE WEEK!: Time to find the drunkest person in the country to talk about the issues YOU really care about!

ASSWORD: Play our dirty version of the popular TV game show from the 70's. (See aditional terms below that are used in the game) (P)

RUMOR MILL: Dan and Scott spread rumors about celebrities by targeting one entire small town at a time.

TRUCKER BUDDY PROGRAM: Dan plays "Harry Nutsack," a Furbee delivering truck driver in search of a shower and a good time with the "lot lizards." Harry had a "particular testicular" removed due to cancer, and he now needs help changing the dressing. He calls truck stops all across America to see if anyone can help him out.

MILT THE PRIVATE DICK: Test your investigative skills and listen to Milt's mystery to try to figure out who committed the crime. Can you solve the mystery? (P)

OH, YOU'RE SH***ING ME!: Either Dan, Scott or Amy are lying. It's your job to figure out which one of them is telling the truth. (P)

OH NO, MY PENIS IS CAUGHT!: Dan tries to convince plumbers that his penis is caught in a bathtub drain and that he needs help getting it un-stuck.

TAKE MILT'S DIRTY POLL: Join Milt as he asks participants survey questions that are sure to make you sick--and perhaps even laugh. (P)

NAIL AMY: Your chance to NAIL Amy when you go one on one with her in a musical showdown! (P)

THE 7-11 GAME: Kumar needed some clamidia soup and tampons for the wife, so he called up 7-11's to find out how much change he had to bring in, to purchase, to take home these items. (P)

F**K IT!: Lance Manload hates his job. He would rather work at The Game Show Network. In light of that, he hopes that this game will serve as his audition. (P)

ASK SATAN: The Dark Lord stops by to answer grim questions from the audience and push any evil "projects" he may be working on.

KUMAR HAVING PHONE SEX: Our Indian friend, Kumar, has been very lonely lately so has turned to phone sex operators for companionship. Can he get phone sex his way?

DON'T LOSE YOUR LUNCH: The Boys give away FREE lunch from McDonalds. All you need to do is answer a few SIMPLE questions.

AMERICA'S GOING TO POT: Dan and Scott explore the world of drugs
                      hey mcbain any chance the archives will get a new home since your link you have is not good anymore????

Comment

New Archives found here:

login as: danandscottshow@gmail.com
                        password: freakarmy

Comment

Most of the files I have are about 200-1000 KB too big for the max attachment size. I have to archive everything, so it's going to take a while to put these in the mbox. Stay tuned freaks!

Comment

Use the FTP program called gspace.

You can set all of your files to upload and then leave it running overnight.

It just makes your gmail account into a ftp server.

I transfered a few shows that were about 25 megs each and had no troubles.

seems to be the easiest way to load stuff.

Comment

A Cool Episode for all to DL

http://www.phreakarmy.com/danscott/ds042698.rar

You will have to copy and paste or type in the link manually

Cool episode from my birthday back in 1998

Enjoy!

Paul aka Cobaltqube

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X