X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry bud , but it doesnt work.
    Does it work for you?
    I tried playing it on a Real player 8 Basic on my laptop, real crashed.
    Tried on this desktop pc using the latest version of Real player, crashed.

I have real player g2,real player 7,real player 10 gold,to check but i have to restart my PC and im on an important torrent Download, so ill check later today if it works on any of these real player versions.

And no i didnt just put a .rar into the player.
    lol

Comment

rar file dont work

i tried that link and when it downloaded it was a paint file not RAR file...hope you can get this corrected

Comment

Not a Paint file it really is a Rar File..

But for some reason my server is crunching it.. my local copy plays fine, but if I download from the link I gave out it is munched.. ::shrug:: no idea why but I will have to find another provider if I plan to host the archives online..

Qube

Will convert rm to mp3 this weekend and repost

Just curious are you using a mac ?? or Winblows ??

Comment

im on PC
          Thanks for hosting a new phreakarmy website with archives man!

And thanks for this file cant wait to listen to a "new show", i think i have pretty much the whole archives, 8 gigs worth of every wma .real and mp3 files that were posted thru the years on different archives, almost everything ever made from 95 to 2001. I made sure to double check everything everytime archives came up and i DL the ones i didnt have.
          But i didnt have this 1998 talkspot show for some reason wasnt even in the list of 98,99 .rm and .ra files that are either broken or that real player refuses to play now.

I wonder how much shows you or others have in your possesion that never poped up on any of the archives we assembled thru the years.
          I have one from 2001 that never was on the final freakarmy.org archives, i prob got it in 2001 from a FTP or DC, in 2006 i saw that it wasnt in, i tried to upload it ,couldnt and then the site went down.
          Id have to compare my archives with the final archives to find it again for all the freaks to enjoy.

And we should definatly record those damn Real files in wav,then encode in mp3 for the sake of preserving the show.
          A few years ago i started noticing that more and more 98 and 99 .rm's and .ra's stoped working after updating to a new version of real player,and even when i went back to old versions somehow Real did something to the codecs and they never worked again, had to go back to an old pc with old versions of real,

Some are buggy ,they "lag" they go mute until the end of the show ,but if you press rewind a little to have it play again a few seconds after the initial moment it started muting ,magicaly the show comes back and doesnt go mute for the rest of the show...if you dont rewind properly its like the show is a blank.

Some Real never worked to begin with ,but some did work up to the days of RealOne player after that it all went to shit and now its getting worst and worst , i have files now that dont work at all that worked a month ago...Im freaking out. Fucking Real technology! i read somewhere that the old .ra.and .rm from websites and stuff pre-2000 doesnt work anymore its not the same. And they wont let you download the proper codecs.
          I was thinking of sending the people at Real ,all the broken D&S shows and have them debugg them and sent it back to us in mp3, i wonder if they would do it?

Speaking of mp3 , i heard some mp3s from 98-99 that were taped from the buggy (lag mute) Real file as the source and at the exact moment my real goes mute,the mp3 also goes mute, but on the real "source" file i can acces the muted part thru manipulation.

So what ill do is tape them correctly ,do some editing with the missing parts and then you can host them, ill rework the whole archive with ya if you want, wanted to it for a while anyway. Standardised naming ,all in clear sounding mp3 for convenience. Some of the current mp3s even from 2000-2001 sound so shitty compared to the real and wma/asf's of the same show,
          those DS00 00-00.mp3's need to be replaced, thanks to whoever did it ,no disrespect but its really bad audio to begin with no need to make it worst!
          Later

Comment

phreakarmy.com archives

Well the first thing is to find a hosting company that will have us.. seriously. most want your money and offer great space but nail you on the traffic.

I recently found once again this guy derk who is an old phreak from back in the day and he used to host the site for the boys. He runs an ISP and I am going to ask him about hosting and see what he can do.

As far as what you have goes what are the chances of asking you to burn 2 dvds for me of what you have to save the massive upload once we get there..

Let me know if you have any hosting ideas..

Qube

Comment

Yeah id mail ya 2 dvds no prob.

I spoke with Derk last April, i asked him to host my Freakout show, he said ok but he doesnt have the in-motion.net ISP anymore.

He still has the in motion FTP but it goes thru his new employer and it has limited bandwith. He told me to wait before i announced the show was out ,so that he could make a special login for the freaks and limit the speed so his boss doesnt say anything.
              Told me to upload it and that he would let me know when it was all set, but i never heard form him after that.

As far as hosting ideas, one thing i always tought would be good would be to either make 2 torrents of 4 gigs each, or make 6 or 7 torrents for each year or so.
              I would go more for the 2 torrents idea cuz with torrents you can Download just the files you need out of that particular torrent and its less of a hassle to have 2 instead of 7 torrents online.
              But most importantly its less of hassle to download one giant file than going thru the whole list of shows and download 1 by 1 like on a FTP.

Bandwith wouldnt be a problem cuz it wouldnt be just one host and it would be faster speeds cuz we all host it and share even the leechers who are still downloading it. The more people on the torrent the faster it goes, as opposed to a FTP.
              It wouldnt take longer than 2 weeks to DL the full 8 gigs worth of shows if you have a very limited speed.
              I have unlimited DL-UL on my connection so i would be happy to seed/to keep the torrents alive, the only problem is i dont know jack shit about making the torrents and trackers.
              If anyone knows plz share the info.

Comment

phreakarmy.com archives

about 2 yrs ago one of the phreaks had a serv-u ftp on his box of sorts anyway and I was able to get alot of the old audionet shows that I heard when aired but never had local on my drive.. I burned them to dvd and they are here somewhere.. If you saw how many dvd-r's I had in this house you would understand how I could lose such an important one.. I have a bunch on a win95 box in my office/sim-lab and like was mentioned here before they play great using ra 5 and g2 but won't play on win vista or the new versions of ra

I am going to have to find a way to convert them to wav in win95 and then import the wavs and make mp3s out of them.. other than the 1 1998 show I tried to share the rest are june 2000 and july aug sept oct 1998 talkspot shows.. I even have a few karen kay shows from talkspot.. The rest are on that dvd somewhere.. I will have to launch a full effort after the holiday hoopla and find it..

PM ing you my snail mail address and let me know how much for postage etc and I will paypal you the cash..

I am somewhat of a torrent person so I can help you setup the torrents and would be happy to be a seeder for everyone, it would be a better option than ftp (why didn't I think of that..) and would help no matter what the bandwidth is on that persons end..

I could post what I have as a torrent to test the system.. maybe june 2000 as a test and see if it works on a small scale.. what do you think ??

Qube

Comment

Old real audio software versions

If anyone needs an old version of real audio to play or convert shows it is available here...

http://forms.real.com/real/player/blackjack.html

Qube

Comment

Oh man!
                    Im so happy, thx for that link,had Real G2(6) to 10(gold) that i found doing extensive research all over the net a few years ago, and it still didnt work with all files.That realplayer page wasnt there a few years ago.

Real player 5 unlocked all the real player files that once worked but stopped a few years ago.

Even the D&S 04-26-98 show you put on your site works, and it is indeed a new addition to the archives that i never heard. Altho i believe the date to be wrong cuz the copyright of the file says 99,the show according to its date would have been 1:30 if it was indeed a april 98 show. The fact that its 3 hours means its either late 98 or 99.

Only 1 show in 98 (danscott110298.ra) and 3 in 99
                    (10-2-99.ra / danscott051999.ra /danscott052099.ra) still dont work ,but they never did since the day i got them ,maybe with real player 4...lol

Other than missing shows , if i remember correctly only 3 shows are fucked up, all from 2000-2001 ,one ends in the beginning of a XXX-Files at the last part of the show, another ends after a Don West Game right before a 711 game in the middle of the show.
                    The last one dan&scott 071500.wma was taped along with a sport show at about the same volume level,all copies of this file are the same, you cant play with the balance to hear just D&S on 1 side.

This is a great day!
                    Last edited by John Godgoth; 12-24-2007, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Naw. It don't help. Gspace only recognizes files under 19MB. When I try to change the range of files available to upload in PREFERENCES, it won't accept a number higher than 19MB. I have tons of files I wanna let you guys have, but I can't figure it out. Little help?

Comment

Compare your archives with mine here
                        http://www.geocities.com/godgotron/pics/
                        this is everything that was on the last freakarmy.org archives and more...

Check if you could add stuff in there that i or Cobaltqube are missing in our final Torrent.
                        Torrents are the best solution for uploaders & downloaders.
                        Other than the new stuff Cobaltqube has i dont think were going to see any new D&S shows added in the archives anytime soon.

Im sending all of this (2 dvds and a cd approx) to Cobaltqube so we can both seed the Full D&S Archives split in 2 parts/torrents.

He says i have way more than him, i do have just about everything that was ever uploaded since 2001 but somehow he had a full month of 2000 and more that i never had!

I am the Archivist!

EDIT: AH fuck photobucket, looks too small , zoom isnt good enouph and it wont let you DL the pics...
                        http://www.geocities.com/godgotron/pics/ easy browsing,zoom is better & DL enabled... seriously.....FUCK!!!! PHOTOBUCKET!!!
                        Last edited by John Godgoth; 01-07-2008, 10:27 PM.

Comment

You beautiful bastard

I am listening to a whole month of shows I've never heard, thanks to Cobaltqube. Colbaltqube, you rock! Now all we need is a Dan and Scott podcast. If we convince Danny that he'll make some money at it, maybe he'll go ahead with it

Daveyboy

Originally posted by Cobaltqube View Post
                          about 2 yrs ago one of the phreaks had a serv-u ftp on his box of sorts anyway and I was able to get alot of the old audionet shows that I heard when aired but never had local on my drive.. I burned them to dvd and they are here somewhere.. If you saw how many dvd-r's I had in this house you would understand how I could lose such an important one.. I have a bunch on a win95 box in my office/sim-lab and like was mentioned here before they play great using ra 5 and g2 but won't play on win vista or the new versions of ra

I am going to have to find a way to convert them to wav in win95 and then import the wavs and make mp3s out of them.. other than the 1 1998 show I tried to share the rest are june 2000 and july aug sept oct 1998 talkspot shows.. I even have a few karen kay shows from talkspot.. The rest are on that dvd somewhere.. I will have to launch a full effort after the holiday hoopla and find it..

PM ing you my snail mail address and let me know how much for postage etc and I will paypal you the cash..

I am somewhat of a torrent person so I can help you setup the torrents and would be happy to be a seeder for everyone, it would be a better option than ftp (why didn't I think of that..) and would help no matter what the bandwidth is on that persons end..

I could post what I have as a torrent to test the system.. maybe june 2000 as a test and see if it works on a small scale.. what do you think ??

Qube

Comment

Wow,

that was a fun month of new/old shows.

But now im back to re listening to old/old shows, im listening to the don west interview right now.

What i didnt see was that Godgoth, you have the whole archive.

I was wondering if they are being uploaded to bittorent, or if I can get copies sent to me?

8gigs of dan and scott

Comment

They will be uploaded/seeded on Bit torrent soon ,the whole 9 gigs...

The 2 Main dvds/big torrents with the shows.

Plus a cd/small torrent with every little mp3 and Real clips of D&S bits already found on full shows.
                              I tought disk 3 should be optional for those who want to skip the stuff they dont need ,cuz keep in mind you have to DL 8 gigs...might be alot and long for certain people with limited space/speed/DL limits and time.

I spoke to Cobaltqube ,he received my 3 disks but he's too busy right now with other stuff, plus he has to do some minor work on the Archive before its finalised and ready to be shared.
                              We will let you guys know when its launched.

Comment

woo hoo

thats awesome

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X