MUSIC PLAYED ON DAN AND SCOTT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MUSIC PLAYED ON DAN AND SCOTT

can someone tell me who the artist is that is playing the intrumental music on dan and scott show from 9-26-2000 its a rock instrumental and pretty cool just wanted to know who that was ....thanks freaks

Sadly i couldnt find it but im sure its a Joe Satriani song im not an expert but it sure feels like his touch from one of his mellow songs.
    Maybe Scott could tell ya.

But look on my channel favorites, i filled it with all the other Satriani/D&S songs i could find and theres alot of them, and the 2 Eric Johnson songs too.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Godgotron
    Its great to listen to ,so many memories attached to these great songs!

I didnt put the Jazz song they used and that i sometimes use on Freakout its called Take 5, many versions its a classic Jazz song. But not the D&S version.

The D&S song i never found the name of is that silly Wurlitzer organ loundge song they used during bits.

Comment

Found it!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgUwD9e8uNM

The part you heard on D&S is 3 mins into this video

Joe Satriani - Cool #9

Comment

thanks godgoth your a true freak in every sense of the word i appreciate the info on the joe satriani tune

Comment

My pleasure, i made a Playlist on my Channel, that way you guys dont have to go thru my favorites to find them.
          http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...836B14D6AA0393

I found 3 new one's from Joe including the Danny Big Balls Schulz theme and decided to add the Freaks come out at night rap , one of many versions of Take 5 the jazz song when the show began after Lance's intro, i just added those this week, the only one's missing are: The "Satan theme" from Satriani cuz i only found some dude playing it badly and i deleted it.... and now i cant find it dont have the name.
          The organ song they played during bits is also unknown.
          The song they used at the end of the shows on Eyada, i dont know the name of it either and i went thru alot of Satriani and im pretty sure its not him doesnt sound like him anyway...mystery song. If anyone knows let us know.

And I have other interesting playlists other than Freakout Freakshow, a bunch of funny Overdubbed Tapes from great Guitarist John Petrucci, The Great Klaus Nomi and more to come.
          Last edited by John Godgoth; 09-27-2008, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Godgoth, you wouldn't happen to know what the theme from Manload on Hollywood is?

Comment

Also Gary's 'Baby Elephant Walk' theme.

I can't seem to find anything that resembles the one used by D&S.

Comment

Depends which one your talking about.

The Manload on Hollywood intro was made in part by Scott of course he added some voice clips in there, but im not sure if the song itself was a Wirkus original song.

The song playing during Manload was a Thomas Dolby - Hyperactive.midi, i have one but its not exacly the same. I also have the She blinded me with Science from Thomas Dolby that i use in Manload Extra report. Also have everythng used in the Manload reports: FBI theme midi, Dragnet midi etc...

The Manload Outro was a montage by Scott of some Metal song saying Hollywood, Hollywood, Hollywooood! Followed by a Riff,Scott,explosion.

The Gary Baby Elephant is another midi i never found, but the one i kept and used on Freakout is pretty damn close.

Oh and while im at this, the shitty sounding Happy birthday song Lance used to sing over was from a B-Day card, i made a new one that sounds even more de-tuned.
                Last edited by John Godgoth; 10-07-2008, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Just noticed a few songs played in the intros of the talkspot shows that im missing in my playlist, sounds like Satriani but i didnt see them on youtube.

Comment

I finally found the organ music after years of trying to figure it out!

I caught Scott mentioning "Ultra Lounge" at one point, so I went through all 25 Ultra Lounge CDs (they are compilations of various artists, where each CD has a different mood or theme).

The organ song, used a lot during stupid pager game, is "Billy May - So Nice (Summer Samba)" Its on "Ultra-Lounge, Vol. 9: Cha-Cha De Amor" and "Ultra Lounge - Leopard Skin Fuzzy Sampler". Also on the Leopard Skin album is "Jackie Davis - 04 - The Glow Worm" which sounds very similar and could of also been used. Its possible some other tracks from these albums were used as well.

Comment

I found them on YouTube so you an add them to your channel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxkov5OyAY0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEDFAxdLm4c

By the way, its great to see other freaks that are still interested in D&S!

Comment

Thanks!
                        Wow very strange coincidence, one more weird simultaneous occurance.

I shit you not on Sunday i was listening to a radio show and they had a trivia segment and it was the song, so i asked one of the hosts whats the name of the song and it was Glow worm!

So 2 days ago i downloaded the full 2 Gb Ultra Lounge collection in torrent.
                        http://www.mininova.org/tor/767053

I was planing on tracking thru the entire thing to see what other song might be in there and then come here to announce the discovery but you beat me to the punch!
                        So weird!

Comment

Anyone know what that Blockbuster game theme is called?

Heard it at a truck stop on Tuesday while I was filling up. I was almost waiting for Danny to come in with that noise from contact or the twilight zone theme.

Comment

Originally posted by dactn63 View Post
                            can someone tell me who the artist is that is playing the intrumental music on dan and scott show from 9-26-2000 its a rock instrumental and pretty cool just wanted to know who that was ....thanks freaks
                            The track at the beginning of the show is "Cool #9" by Joe Satriani from the album "Joe Satriani".

Originally posted by John Godgoth View Post
                            The song they used at the end of the shows on Eyada, i dont know the name of it either and i went thru alot of Satriani and im pretty sure its not him doesnt sound like him anyway...mystery song. If anyone knows let us know.
                            It is Joe Satriani, and it's called "Echo" from the album "Surfing With The Alien".

ETA: Uploaded the music (that I recognize from the show) to my own rapidshare account...

The track "House Full of Bullets" (from the album "Crystal Planet") was often played after a commercial break, as were the tracks "Crystal Planet" and "Raspberry Jam Delta-V" from the same album.

You can find all the tracks mentioned in this post (and any others that I find) in the RS linklist here: http://rapidshare.com/users/5JPYWM

The password is "manload" (without quotes).

Enjoy the nostalgia.
                            Last edited by Taven; 04-06-2009, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by John Godgoth View Post
                              Just noticed a few songs played in the intros of the talkspot shows that im missing in my playlist, sounds like Satriani but i didnt see them on youtube.
                              Yeah, dying to know the lead-in that plays on the 1/20/99 show.

Definitely sounds Satriani-esque.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X