Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WEEEEEE are talking about the XXX Files!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEEEEEE are talking about the XXX Files!!!

Interesting and fascinating!

"WE are talking to Gene Rayburn, this is the XXX Files with Dan and Scott..."

Yes, the XXX-Files was one of, if not the best segments of the show, period point blank. Just so well crafted, the satirical take on the Art Bell angle so well executed, the boys honed and perfected this bit and unknowingly brought the entire run of the show out on the highest of highs with Gene Ray on one of the very last shows (6-28-01)

"The benevolent, wise and throat fuck free, Commander Ashtar"

From Stan Johnson & Commander Ashcan to recurring favourite Michael "stoptheabductions.com" (or was it net, or perhaps .edu?) Menkin, Gerald Pitts, Dr. Franklin Ruehl, Tom Powell, Joe Jordan, Michael Peter Langevin, Prince Leo and all the other fucking nutcases we've met in the life and times of the D&S show.

Michael M-mur-mal-uh-man-menkin fashioning his thought screen helmet, which he's selling exclusively on his website at stopalienassrape.com

Throughout their radio adventures Dan & Scott have transported us to the fifth dimension, reunited us with Jim Morrison, brought us word from the reborn republican John Lennon, taught us the real evils of Santa Claus and the Easter bunny. From Bigfoot's shlong to his plaster cast ass and the skunk ape, Dan & Scott have traversed space and time cube on board the Galactic 1 exploring the world of the unknown.

Just how hung was ol' Hairy-ass?

But with great endeavors, come great hardships. From technical issues to the odd prank call to being assaulted with mic-stands, the duo faced many perils along the way. But it wasn't all psychotic producers and calls about anal probing and bigfoot sodomy, no, the Blockbuster game (♫Booawooo♫) relieved tensions and indulged the guest in a lil' lighthearted theme song trivia with Dan.

"...is it, Star TREK?"

Even at its worst or briefest, the bit still stood head and shoulders above the rest. Smart, innovative, compelling and most importantly, interactive. Freaks, along with our hosts, made the bit work so goddamn well, from Mike Hunt, Rob Hollowman to Larry McGoth, callers would subtly and not to subtly put guests in very uncomfortable positions, leaving them to ponder the validity of the show. Sometimes it was too much for some, and guests would frequently hang-up, only to be tricked back onto the air and more often then not, continue the interview, despite their initial protests.

"Meekmoks, Meekmoks, precious little Meekmoks, look how they dance.... uh.... 1, 2 ,3 "

Simply put, the XXX Files was Dan and Scott at the top of their game. My fondest memories of the show, often bring the Files to mind and the slick and smooth talking radio pair and all the classic internal strife that happened during network breaks.

"I don't know what's going on. Must be a full moon tonight"

Nearly 9 years on, the show has long but past into the internet radio netherworld, but in my reminiscing over old shows and research, I found a lot of these fruit cakes are sadly still as fucked up as ever and still going strong, ranting on about Gods know what, which is depressing in itself.

"World's wisest human, Gene Ray."

But just like scarring from a good anal probing, the memories remain and linger like the smell of bigfoot's cock. But less we forget the freaky times of the triple X Files. Drop a line or two on what was your fondest memories of the bit, your most treasured fruit loop nut, who's psychobabble brightened up your day, when the immense fear of Y2K and the end times had you borderline suicidal, hiding in your bunker. What ad-break shtickular had you pissing in your underoos.
    Last edited by Pepper; 05-23-2009, 11:38 PM.

Whoaw! @ Neil Brandt on the Files (03-21-01 - 57:00min onwards) Absolutely batshit insane, though his website does elude to him being a nut job parody, which sort of makes the interview that more bizarre, put on vs. put on.

Comment

I'm listening to the 9/27/00 XXX files (Michael Menkin). I am cracking up.

Comment

lol, I couldn't believe he was back on only two months later.

The 12/07/00 Files segment was just wacky, you can kind of tell he's trying to tune out all the absurdness and play it straight. He had a tendency to try direct the calls, introducing himself and asking callers what their questions and generally trying curtail D&S's control over the show.

Comment

I'm listening to that 12/7/00 show right now.

Menkin's site, http://www.stoptheabortions.com/ is still up and running.

Comment

Bigfoot Expert Show?

Hi,

Can someone tell me which show the Big Foot expert was featured? I dialed in and ask him to describe it's breast to which I started beating off to.. I'd love to find that clip.

thanks
            Milo

Comment

Is that the one when Amy beat Scott with the mic stand? If so, it was 2/7/01.

Comment

This morning, I was in a meeting and everyone started talking at once. In my mind, I heard the following:

Dan: This is not a gymnasium
                Scott: Nor is it a pep rally

Comment

This is Stan Johnson of Commander Ashtar and Bigfoot fame.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X