X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Lickass or; How I Learned to Love The Bomb

Blow me up, Dan?

"Ooooooooooh really, is that so?"

Never truly appreciated the Lickass bit from back in the day, call it a cultural disconnect (disconnect, disconnect, disconnect) youthful ignorance or whatever you like, but after being turned on to a Leykis show archive; now I truly can understand just how dead nuts on Dan's take on the DJ who doesn't like us, truly was.

Uncanny, and little scary at times, Dan's Lickass was a hidden gem which only now sparkles so brightly. There was often a lot of Leykis banter between the boys, they broke bad on Dad on a regular basis, but the Lickass bit was far from a show regular, which in retrospect was a lil' sad seeing it was far superior to one or two of Dan's other characters (*cough*Milt*cough*)

Probably the funniest Lickass had to be the phone sex bit. Just so over top ridiculous, yet, Dan stays perfectly in character, the phone whore's temper steadily rising, until we finally hear the dial tone, or the classic "Listener appreciation party" setups, where more often then not, no one either knew who Leykis was or didn't wanna talk to him.

Leykis talk was hardly a rarity on the show, but sadly the Lickass bit was. It's a shame listening back now, such a solid bit, Dan clearly had him down pat, wish we could've heard a little more of it than say a few other not so well crafted bits.

Dan did a great Leykis in the 10/19/2000 Drunk of the Week (3rd hour).

Comment

The 01/04/01 Lickass just kills me every time.

Midway through the segment, Dan's on with some boorish drunk redneck, spouting some shit about his wife's theater and how Tom did shows there or something, and he's completely dragging the bit down and Dan just totally lost it at the end.

I was quite literally on the ground for 5 minutes, laughing my ass off.

Comment

You may not be able to take your computer in the shower but Lykis admits that internet audio will be king.

http://blowmeuptom.com/get-ready-battle-net-radio-cars

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X