Good Morning America Plans Chris Brown and Rihanna Reunion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning America Plans Chris Brown and Rihanna Reunion

ABC’s "Good Morning America", the same battlegrounds that sparked a Chris Brown tantrum last week, is in talks to have the singer reunite on air with his ex-girlfriend Rihanna.

It’s been two years since the ex-lovers were media fodder for their violent altercation that occurred the evening of the 2009 Grammy Awards. The fight left Rihanna badly bruised and photos circulated revealing wounds left by her ex-boyfriend Chris Brown. Brown soon fell out of the music industry’s favor—losing sponsorships and being hailed as insincere after a Larry King special where the performer was wearing his infamous bowtie. At the 2009 BET Awards, Brown fell to his knees in tears during a Michael Jackson tribute, clearly grieving more than the passing of the King of Pop.

It was a slow climb back to the top. However, Brown’s fourth studio album F.A.M.E. debuted at Number One on the Billboard 200, despite the album leaking along with more photos of Rihanna on that fateful night in 2009 leaking to the Internet.

In the midst of album promotion, Brown appeared on ABC’s "Good Morning America", where co-host Robin Roberts proceeded to re-hash Brown’s incident with Rihanna. While dodging questions as much as he could, Brown became enraged after the interview, allegedly cracking a window with a piece of dressing room furniture and storming off the set shirtless. After apologizing for his behavior, he was also welcomed back on the GMA set. Now Rihanna may be added.

Fans are not excited about this potential peace treaty.

“No one wants a Rihanna & Chris Brown reunion =/ Let that s**t go , please!” tweets @TreasureLuvsRih. “Soooo about this chris brown rihanna reunion......o_0” @MizLovie expresses with emoticons.

Rihanna covers this week’s Rolling Stone Magazine and sounds pretty lax about Chris Brown. She even relaxed the restraining order imposed upon Brown.

“That's my decision...it doesn't mean we're getting married tomorrow. It doesn't mean we're gonna be in a relationship, or make up, or even talk ever again,” Rihanna told Rolling Stone. “It just means I didn't want to object to the judge.” However, she also squelched any rumors of a reunion.

“We don't have to talk ever again in my life,” Rihanna states in the interview. “I just didn't want to make it more difficult for him professionally. What he did was a personal thing – it had nothing to do with his career. Saying he has to be 100 feet away from me, he can't perform at awards shows – that definitely made it difficult for him ... But you can never please people. One minute, I'm being too hard, and the next minute, I'm a fool because I'm not being hard enough.”

Perhaps "Good Morning America" has some tricks up their sleeve to make this reunion a reality, but some remain skeptical.

“Me believing that 'skins' is good quality tv is like a chris brown/rihanna live reunion special,” @suzieallover tweets. “Never going to happen.”

Source: MTV

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X