Legendary Songwriter Diane Warren Uses Hip-Hop Music For Inspiration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legendary Songwriter Diane Warren Uses Hip-Hop Music For Inspiration

Hip-Hop music has its fair share of critics and detractors, but legendary singer/songwriter Diane Warren is not one of them.

In a new interview with The New York Post, Diane Warren reveals that she listens to Hip-Hop music and draws inspiration from rap lyrics in order to write her songs.

"I’ve always been a sponge. I’m always listening to what’s out there," Diane Warren told The New York Post. "Maybe some Hip-Hop rhythms get into my songs. Rhythmically, rap infuses into my phrasing."

As a songwriter, Diane Warren has penned some of the best-known pop hits in history.

Diane Warren is the author behind such huge hit singles as "Rhythm of the Night" by Debarge, "For You I Will" by Monica, "Unbreak My Heart" by Toni Braxton and numerous other hits.

Artists like Aretha Franklin, Eric Clapton, Barbara Streisand, Mariah Carey, Justin Bieber, Whitney Houston and others have recorded Warren's songs.

"I did 'I Didn’t Know My Own Strength' for Whitney Houston, and in the chorus there’s a hip-hop phrasing," Diane Warren revealed. "Where the words are really speedy – that’s something I did on purpose because I wanted to see what that would look like in a ballad. I thought it was fresh. But I take everything from everything. I’m always listening.

Some of Diane Warren's best-known hits will be showcased on a one-hour special due to air on HSN titled "Due Voci: The Music of Diane Warren."

Source: allhiphop.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X