Kay Slay Helps Lil Cease of Junior Mafia, Noble of Outlawz End Beef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kay Slay Helps Lil Cease of Junior Mafia, Noble of Outlawz End Beef

It’s been almost 15 years since the Tupac Shakur and Christopher "Notorious B.I.G." Wallace murders captured the hearts and minds of entertainment world, but those close to the rappers are still finding ways to heal and find closure.

Just recently, Young Noble of the Outlawz and Lil’ Cease of Junior Mafia decided to record a new song entitled “Bury the Hatchet,” to commemorate their squashing of the beef, in addition to recognizing the 15-year anniversary of Notorious B.I.G. and Tupac Shakur passing away.

“At the end of the day me and the Outlawz was always cool, and me and Cease are cool, and I just thought about how nobody never really grabbed hold of The Outlawz or Lil’ Cease," Kay Slay told AllHipHop.com of the commemorative song. "They [Tupac Shakur and Notorious B.I.G.] are two of the most high profile artists of the 1990’s and both of them passed and no one adopted their crews."

“We winded up getting on the phone together and when we first got on the phone it was definitely an issue when we chopped it up, and as men we got to the bottom of it,” Young Noble of the Outlawz explained to AllHipHop.com in an exclusive interview. “I feel if Pac and Big had been able to do the same thing, they might be around today. As men honoring them, their families and the Hip-Hop community, it was something we felt we needed to do.”

According to both the rappers, Young Noble and Lil’ Cease share a common thread, in that they were both on the scene when their respective mentors, brothers and friends were shot.

When Tupac was murdered in Las Vegas in September of 1996, Young Noble was in the car behind Tupac.

And when Biggie was murdered in Los Angeles in March of 1997, Lil’ Cease was in the car and luckily dodged the rare, German made Gecko armor-piercing bullets, that took Biggie's life.

“We had so much animosity towards each other without even knowing each other, just because we was ridin’ for Big and they were ridin’ for Pac, but like they say time heals all wounds," Lil Cease told AllHipHop.com.

“If we can settle our beef then what's the real beef, compared to what all these other ni**as is beefin about?” Lil’ Ceased asked. “Its like come on man, we lost both our dudes to this s**t and we’re mature enough to handle our situation and make something positive out of it, it makes that record really special."

According to Lil Cease, the news of their new-found unity may surprise some, but the process was almost 10-years in the making.

“We’ve been talking for like seven years and we really didn’t let anyone know we were talking,” Lil’ Cease explained to AllHipHop.com. “We were just waiting for the right time and situation and Kay Slay presented the idea to us and then once he knew we were talking, we felt he was the best person to give it that push because Kay Slay represents the hood an its something the game needs.”

According to Young Noble, after Pac died a lot of doors were shut on the Outlawz and Kay Slay was one of the few people that always showed love to the group.

As they patiently waited for the right time to put the record out, Noble and Lil Cease thought that Kay Slay’s last album would be the best time to “Bury the Hatchet."

“We were young and wild, so at the end of the day we were ready for whatever. We were ridin’ with Pac, our big brother so we pretty much were on some soldier s**t. Just being around Pac you had to be like that because when he was around, he was the biggest rapper in the world,” Noble recalled. “Just going to the mall, the whole mall followed, so we were damn near on some security s**t sometimes. It was definitely a tense time but it was also a great time as well. That whole era of Hip-Hop was historical. I just wish Pac and Big were here to see it.”

The two hope that them finding a way to settle their differences will lead other Hip-Hop artists to consider the same path, but both understand the competitive side of the culture.

“People think you have to be a certain way in this game. Nah man, there’s nothing wrong with settling your differences especially if it wasn’t that serious,” Lil Cease. “All this stuff about Big having something to do with Pac and Pac having something to do with Big, all that is laid to rest.”

Source: allhiphop.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X