T.I. to Remain Incarcerated Despite Reports of His Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T.I. to Remain Incarcerated Despite Reports of His Release

Amid reports that T.I. would be released from Forrest City Federal Prison in Arkansas, main attorney Jonathan Leonard has told XXL that the reports are false and that he will still be incarcerated for the time being.

Leonard who has represented the rapper since 2002 has said that T.I., born Clifford Joseph Harris Jr., will be released on the scheduled September 29th date by the Federal Bureau of Prisons, but the date may change in the next 30 days according to the long time attorney.

“The Bureau of Prisons they won’t give you the information until the very last minute,” he told XXL.

Even those closest to T.I. were unaware the information was false as DJ Drama, T.I.'s frequent mixtape host, posted on Twitter, "8/31 -- #kingback, @Tip.

Incarcerated for violating the terms of his probation stemming from a 2009 conviction on federal gun charges prior to the BET Hip Hop awards, the Grand Hustle camp is preparing for his return and are expecting things to change drastically. Despite The highly anticipated return, labelmate Young Dro assured fans that things would change for the better in an exclusive interview with AllHipHop.com this month.

“The Bureau of Prisons makes all the decisions once [someone goes] into the federal system then the federal prisons is the governing body as to when he’s released, the judge has no control over it,” he explained. “You don’t have any real contact with them, they don’t communicate with you and they don’t tell you when exactly he’s gonna be released.”

Leonard did say that T.I. is in good spirits that he is looking forward to putting this part of his life behind him.

T.I.'s most recent album No Mercy was a commercial success having peaked at #4 in the US and it sold over 159,000 copies in its first week and having been RIAA certified Gold with over 500,000 copies sold.

His second and last single off the album "That's All She Wrote" featuring Detroit rapper Eminem was released on December 19 and peaked at #18 in the "US Billboard Hot 100".

Source: allhiphop.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X