Hip-Hop Films To Be Featured During 15th Annual Urbanworld Film Festival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hip-Hop Films To Be Featured During 15th Annual Urbanworld Film Festival

A number of Hip-Hop related films will be spotlighted during the 15th Annual Urban World Film Festival, which kicks off next week in New York City.

50 Cent's movie "All Things Fall Apart," "Planet Rock: The story of Hip-Hop and The Crack Generation," "I Want My Name Back" and the controversial film "Outside In: The Story of Art in the Streets" will be among the films featured during the five-day event.

"All Things Fall Apart" stars 50 Cent as a college football player who realizes he has a life-threatening illness midway through his season, while “Planet Rock” is a documentary that explores the impact of crack cocaine on the Hip-Hop generation.

“I Want My Name Back” is the true story of the rise and fall of the original members of The Sugarhill Gang and was directed by Roger Paradiso, while “Outside In” is a banned film that celebrates the history and evolution of graffiti art lensed by Alex Stapleton.

After the screening of 50's movie "All Things Fall Apart," the film's director Mario Van Peebles and actress Lynn Whitfield will host a Q&A about the making of the film.

“We are proud to enter our 15th year of celebrating the artistry and genius of multicultural films and filmmakers from around the globe,” said Stacy Spikes, founder of Urbanworld. “Once again, BET’s and HBO's invaluable partnerships will allow us to bring more than 17 world premieres to a national audience.”

The Urban World Film Festival, which is billed as the nation's largest competitive multicultural film Festival, will screen 59 films, including 17 world premieres, including Diane Parageses' and Nelson George's movie "Brooklyn Boheme."

The Urban World Film Festival takes place September 14th-18th at the AMC Theater on 34th Street in Midtown Manhattan.

The screening and Q&A for 50's movie "All Things Fall Apart" will take place on Friday, September 16th at 7:30 PM.

For more information visit: http://urbanworld.org.

Source: allhiphop.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X