Common Reveals That Erykah Badu Broke Up With Him Over The Phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Common Reveals That Erykah Badu Broke Up With Him Over The Phone

Before dating and having a child with her current boyfriend Jay Electronica, singer Erykah Badu dated The D.O.C., Andre 3000 ... and Common.

She dated Common from 2000 to 2002, around the same time, the Chicago rapper's eclectic style began to show on his albums, Like Water For Chocolate and Electric Circus... then, they split, and Common's heart was left broken.

In an interview with gossip queen Wendy Williams on her morning talk show on Tuesday (September 13), the rapper revealed details about his breakout with Badu ... saying she broke up with him over the phone.

"She handed it to me. I was in my hotel room on tour and ... she called me and was like, 'Hey, I don't wanna be in this relationship no more. I'm liking somebody else,' " Common explained. "That was my first love and my first heartbreak."

Badu, who dated and had her first child with Outkast's Andre 3000 before Common, went on to have a second child with rapper the D.O.C. in 2004, and a third child in 2009, with rapper Jay Electronica.

Despite the way things ended, Common says the former couple are good friends today.

"It taught me a lot of things, and when it happened I kinda really got into myself and really learned about myself and I was able to move on, and now me and E is real cool," he told Williams.

Although he was on the show promoting his autobiography, titled One Day It'll All Make Sense, Common felt comfortable talk about details of his personal life. He also discusses his relationship with tennis superstar Serena Williams.

"We're just friends now," Common admitted, after he and Serena called it quits earlier this year.

Source: ballerstatus.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X