Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

?uestlove Says The Roots' "undun" Is Finished, D'Angelo's In "Home Stretch" For Third LP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?uestlove Says The Roots' "undun" Is Finished, D'Angelo's In "Home Stretch" For Third LP

The Roots' bandleader updates on the group's upcoming album and says D'Angelo is almost finished with his oft-delayed record.

Shortly after announcing the group’s thirteenth album undun, The Roots has completed the project. Speaking with Billboard’s The Juice, drummer ?uestlove explained the concept around the LP, stating that it focuses on a single person composite of several stories.

"We actually completed [the album] at five [o'clock] this morning, so it's officially done," he said of the album, which features Big K.R.I.T. and Phonte. "It's essentially a biographical narrative about Redford Stephens. Stephens [is] a composite of four or five people that we've known over the past few years from Philadelphia."

He also updated on D’Angelo’s near-mythical third record, stating that it’s in the “home stretch” and that Q-Tip has worked on the project. “I'm on his [D'Angelo's] record as well," he said. "He's in the home stretch right now. I know that Fred Wesley and the JB Horns just did a cut that Q-Tip did; I know he's doing his vocals right now."

Source: hiphopdx.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X