Prodigy Wants Denzel Washington To Play Him In 'Infamous Life' Biopic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prodigy Wants Denzel Washington To Play Him In 'Infamous Life' Biopic

When Mobb Deep joined Sway on the RapFix Live couch on Wednesday (October 26) the interview inevitably touched on Prodigy’s first book, My Infamous Life: The Autobiography of Mobb Deep’s Prodigy which he dropped in April following a three year incarceration stint. At the time of its release the book ruffled a few feathers with controversial stories from an era past and now Prodigy says that if the book was adapted into a film, he’d like to be portrayed by actor Denzel Washington.

First, the Queensbridge MC admitted that he expected some backlash from the book—“I knew that was gonna come”—but he added that the stories were all true, “I was just being real that’s all. It wasn’t no publicity stunt, it wasn’t nothing but me being myself and telling my story."

During the live session, fans tweeted questions for the duo, including one asking if Prodigy would consider turning the book into a film, and if so, who would portray him onscreen? “Is it good enough for a movie you think?” Prodigy began modestly, before quickly adding, “I’d need a top actor…get Denzel or something.”

We imagine that Denzel would have a blast acting out some of the situations Prodigy describes, including that infamous 2001 confrontation with Jay-Z at Diddy’s NYC restaurant Justin’s. Havoc, when quizzed about the book, says that even he was a bit shocked at some of the content. “There’s a few things in there that I was like ‘wow’ myself but overall it was a good read. I could appreciate it for what it is,” he said. “That’s my homie so I like to see where his mind is sometimes, so that just gave me a little open window.”

Source: MTV

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X