Drake Challenges Lil Wayne To Live Sound Clash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drake Challenges Lil Wayne To Live Sound Clash

To celebrate "Take Care," Drizzy says he wants to musically duke it out with Weezy live on stage.

Drake's much anticipated sophomore album Take Care hit store shelves today, and it looks like Aubrey wants to commemorate its release in style. According to a recent interview with Billboard, Drizzy says that instead of opting for the normal album release party, he's challenging his Young Money partner Lil Wayne to a live sound clash between the two of them.

Taking a cue from Jamaican music culture, Drake is challenging Weezy to a live sound clash competition that will pit the two Young Money stars against one another performing back-to-back songs. Drake even added that Wayne's agreed to the idea, although they have yet to set a definite date for the sound clash.

"I don't want to just do an album release concert. So, me, I go to Jamaica a lot - I love Jamaican culture - so what I'm gonna do, I'm challenging Lil Wayne to a sound clash, that's what I want to do," he said. "I don't want to just perform by myself, so I want Wayne to come out on stage with a mic and I'm gonna have a mic, and we're gonna have both our DJs, and we're gonna battle song-for-song and see who the people love more. And that's how it's gonna go."

He added, "That's something that I'm serious about, he's serious about it too. I already issued the challenge. He's serious about it, he accepted like, 'Man, I'm ready. I'm gonna eat your food.' I'm like, 'Aiight, we'll see.'"

Source: hiphopdx.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X