Waka Flocka Flame Lambasts Tupac Shakur Hologram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waka Flocka Flame Lambasts Tupac Shakur Hologram

Waka Flocka Flame weighs in on the Tupac hologram at Coachella and says "that shit wack."

While everyone from Nas to Raekwon praised Dr. Dre's decision to bring a hologram of Tupac Shakur onstage to perform live at Coachella, the move has left some artists with a bad taste in their mouths. Now, in a recent interview with Vibe, Brick Squad representative Waka Flocka Flame explains why he didn't like the virtual performance.

Flocka said that he felt the hologram was a kitschy cash-grab that exploited the death of a legendary artist. He added that it still doesn't sit well with him despite the fact that Dre made a donation to the Tupac Amaru Shakur Foundation and received the blessings of Afeni Shakur prior to following through with the plan.

"I hated it, I don't think that shit needs to be done," he said. "That shit wack. I don't think they should be doing that. 'Cause they getting paid off a dead man's body...that shit still ain't cool [that the charity got paid]. You don't know what a dead man be wanting to do...you gotta let that man rest in peace. He's a great."

Source: hiphopdx.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X