Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kendrick Lamar Recalls Battle Rapping At School, Calls Kim Kardashian "Worn Out"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kendrick Lamar Recalls Battle Rapping At School, Calls Kim Kardashian "Worn Out"

Kendrick Lamar waxes nostalgic while opining on Kanye West's new lady friend.

In a recent interview with "Voice of the I.E." on 99.1 KGGI, Kendrick Lamar addressed his early beginnings freestyle battling.

"We used to be out there rapping, used to be fun. Right in the quiet area. Yup. Lunchtime."

"I first started rapping at school as soon as [The Clipse's] 'Grindin ' came out," revealed K-Dot. "That was the beat to do. Eighth grade. No, ninth grade."

"I stared off [freestyling]," he continued. "I mastered that. I stopped doing that when I was eighteen. I stopped doing it; I started writing all my thoughts down now, because I feel like it started to become a trend - everyone wanted to talk about they don't write."

Eventually the topic of Kim Kardashian came up, and Kendrick was asked whether he would get with Kanye West's newest love interest if given the opportunity. "Nah, that's worn out," he responded. "Kim K? Nah. I don't wanna go behind that. Kanye, he havin' fun with it that."

Source: hiphopdx.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X