T.I Arrested After Police Raid, BET Awards Honor & Performance Interrupted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T.I Arrested After Police Raid, BET Awards Honor & Performance Interrupted

Rapper T.I was arrested and jailed just hours before he was to receive the award for Album of the Year and perform at the BET Awards today.

Clifford Harris, best known as TI, was arrested earlier today on the corner of North Ave and Piedmont Rd in the Walgreens shopping center in Atlanta. Two security attendants said that around 2:20 PM T.I. pulled into the parking lot, where authorities quickly apprehended him. Sources also say that a total of three people affiliated with the Grammy nominated rapper were initially arrested but one was released.

Early speculation is that an undercover sting at his home that same day was set up by the ATF (Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearm) Department in an effort to apprehend Clifford for attempting to purchase illegal firearms. Firearms were found on the scene, which triggered the arrest on charges of parole violation.

News of the shocking arrest sent waves through the taping of the 2nd Annual BET Awards today just as Busta Rhymes and Alfamega were forced to perform their collaborative set without the main headliner.

Source: sohh.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X