Ras Kass Released From Capitol, Ready To "Spread My Wings"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ras Kass Released From Capitol, Ready To "Spread My Wings"

Rapper Ras Kass has officially and finally been released from Capitol Records.

The West Coast rapper, born John Austin, reached a settlement with Capitol Records/EMI. The terms of the agreement are unknown, but Ras Kass is now free to legally seek out new recording agreements, according to a statement on the rappers' MySpace page (myspace.com/raskass).

"I am just relieved and thankful to my management team, all the magazines that showed me love since this started and everyone that showed their support for me over these past few years," Ras Kass said in a statement.

The release came after years of litigation between the emcee and his now former label.

Ras was originally signed to Priority Records where he released two critically acclaimed albums, Soul On Ice (1996) and Rasassination (1998). When the label merged with Capitol, the album the rapper had currently been working on, Van Gogh (2002), was pushed back twice and then permanently shelved. His third project, Goldyn Chyld was also blocked from release after bitter disputes between the rapper and Capitol. The animosity, coupled with Ras Kass' incarceration later that year, made the prospect of future records with Capitol dim.

Ras' management team, Asti Management, is anxious to begin shopping the rapper around for a new deal. Ras is equally excited.

"Now I am anxious to finally be able to pursue my passion, spread my wings and remind the world why Ras Kass is one of the greatest MCs of all time, dead or alive!" he said.

Source: sohh.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X