Notorious B.I.G. Wrongful Death Suit Delayed Indefinitely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notorious B.I.G. Wrongful Death Suit Delayed Indefinitely

The quest for justice in the death of the Notorious B.I.G. has been thwarted once again as the latest lawsuit suffers a major loss.

According to Fox 11 News in Los Angeles, a federal judge has dismissed the secondary wrongful death lawsuit filed by B.I.G.'s family against the city of L.A. and a disgraced LAPD officer.

U.S. District Judge Florence-Marie Cooper ruled Monday (Dec. 17) that B.I.G.'s family did not file a claim against the city within the necessary time frame in their lawsuit, which was filed in April.

Cooper's ruling is the latest in a series of legal blows dealt to the slain rapper's family. Biggie's mother, Voletta Wallace, and his widow, Faith Evans, sued the city and others in 2002 alleging wrongful death and accusing convicted corrupt cops Rafael Perez and David Mack and Death Row Records CEO Marion "Suge" Knight of conspiring to kill Biggie. That case ended in a mistrial when it became clear that the LAPD may have purposely withheld evidence.

The family then filed this second lawsuit, alleging that Mack, Perez and ex-partner Nino Durden were involved in Biggie's slaying.

Last week, attorneys on both sides agreed to enter into mediation presided over by a magistrate judge, but that has now been delayed indefinitely.

Notorious B.I.G., born Christopher Wallace, was murdered on his way home from a music industry party on March 9, 1997.

Source: sohh.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X