Joe Budden Explains Jay-Z Diss, Says He Needs To Retire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Budden Explains Jay-Z Diss, Says He Needs To Retire

The internet hip-hop community has been talking the past week, ever since Joe Budden's new track, "Talk To Em," leaked and he was heard taking shots at Jay-Z.

Via a recent interview with Rhapsody.com, the New Jersey rapper explained why he went at the Def Jam president, and why he feels it's time for Jay to retire.

"It was disrespectful, but it was a diss with a point: Stop rapping," Joe told the website. "Hang it up. You're getting paid to be a president. Be a president. We loved you as a rapper. One of the best to ever do it. Now it's time to do some other things."

On the leaked diss track --- from his recently release Mood Muzik 3 mixtape -- Budden spits the lines: "When the new generation think about Jordan / All they remember is when Iverson crossed him / Take off the blazer, loosen up the tie / N---- fell in love and Superman died." Budden says he had a point with those bars -- the younger generation don't care about the God MC.

"If you look at it today, a lot of these younger people didn't experience Reasonable Doubt, In My Lifetime, Vol. 1, and the things that people my age have come to love Jay for. The younger generation is like, 'Eh, f--- it, whatever,'" explained the rapper. "They don't really respect it. I don't think he puts that fear in any artists like he once did. It's like Shaquille O'Neal now. Shaq was one of the most dominant people to ever play. Nowadays, he's still worth something, but it's just not the same."

According to Budden, Jay is more focused on being an artist than an executive, and even his music is lacking. He called Jay out for having to attach his album to "American Gangster" for attention.

"Everybody is calling American Gangster a concept album. It's a Jay-Z album. He's talking about the same exact sh-- he's talking about on Reasonable Doubt. Where's the concepts?" Budden asked. "He just needed something to attach it to, which he did. He needs to be a president and start putting out some f---ing artists.

"If the title president wasn't on him, then it wouldn't be anything for me to say. I heard the complaints from Beans, LL Cool J, Freeway, DMX and Ludacris. If a million people are calling you a duck, then you probably need to look in the mirror," he continued.

Source: ballerstatus.net

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X