DMX To Release Gospel Album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DMX To Release Gospel Album

DMX recently revealed a more spiritual side of his persona during an interview with MTV, and says he has decided to go in the studio to complete his first-ever gospel-rap album.

According to the rapper, the album will not include the topics you usually hear from him. This one will be "without cursing -- how 'bout that one?

"No songs about bitches, no songs about robbing, just straight 'Give God the glory,'" he continued.

The gospel album is not the only news though. He will be dropping another album as well. In fact, the other album will be a second disc accompanying the gospel album, making it a double album. One disc is a straight hip-hop release, while the other was created with the Lord in mind.

"I [was] the first n---- to put out two albums in one year [It's Dark and Hell Is Hot and Flesh of My Flesh, Blood of My Blood in 1998], now I'm gonna hit 'em again -- drop two albums on the same f---in' day, yo," X told MTV. "A double album will make motherf---ers mad, because they gotta spend more money -- plus it's already a long [double] album. I'm talking about a hip-hop album and a gospel album."

The forthcoming album -- that he says is titled Walk With Me Now and You'll Fly With Me Later -- will be released through indie label Bodog Music, which he recently inked a deal with. But despite stepping down a level from his former homes at both Def Jam and Columbia, X is optimistic about going the indie route.

"It's gonna be real big," the rapper said of the deal.. "I got the right amount of money I need. The thing about these big record labels is that they give you a whole bunch of money just so they can take it back from you. Then you don't even own your own sh--. I need to own my sh--, son. [Bodog] got enough money to do what I need to do and I'm good. They got more than enough promotion, they got other sh-- I can bridge off into. Not soft drinks, I'm not talking about sneakers — I'm talking about fights!"

DMX's last album, Year Of The Dog, Again, was released in 2006 through Columbia Records.

He said his time at Columbia never really started the way he wanted, and the entire process of his album release saw nothing but problems.

The rapper five no. 1 albums in a row before the release of Year Of The Dog, Again, but he tells MTV that his label messed that up for him.

"I had five no. 1-debuting records in a row," X told MTV. "[Year of the Dog, Again] was supposed to be number six. [Sony] released another record the same day they released mine, the Now [That's What I Call Music!] CD. They let the sh-- beat me by 1,000 and they didn't tell me until after the week was up."

Source: ballerstatus.net

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X