Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Game Calls Out NYers Over Sean Bell Verdict, ''I Don't Know Why NY Is So Quiet''

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Game Calls Out NYers Over Sean Bell Verdict, ''I Don't Know Why NY Is So Quiet''

The Game's hard-hitting track, "911 Is A Joke," has been widely circulating the net over last few days, recorded in direct response to the recent Sean Bell verdict. The controversial West Coast rapper hit the airwaves yesterday (April 30) to talk about how people in L.A. would have reacted differently to the verdict, how he wanted to get other rappers to join him on the song, and his talks with the Reverend Al Sharpton.

Three New York detectives were acquitted last week after fatally shooting at an unarmed Sean Bell 50 times, back in 2006. The 23 year-old man was shot, along with two friends, after leaving his bachelor party at a Queens strip club. He was set to get married to his fiancé, with whom he has a son, the following day.

Though the rapper said his website, ThisIzGame.com - where fans can go to download the track for free - features a disclaimer saying he does not support or encourage cop killing, he's prepared for the negative hype anyway.

"I'm pretty sure that people are gon' do whatever they can to keep this song from circulating and keep it off my album," he said on Sirius Satellite's After Hours Spot radio show. "The government or whoever is probably gon' have people on the Internet taking this song off the Internet. It's gon' be black ninjas swingin thru trees at night at my house."[Listen to the interview here]

But Game said he stands by his recording.

"I don't have no other reason for doing [the song] except that this man was killed and done an injustice to his family," Game said

"911 Is A Joke" features Game spitting alone, but he said at least two artists turned down an opportunity to get on the track out of fear.

"The hip-hop community right now is like we straight up pussies, man," the rapper said. "I reached out to a couple of artists and told them what I was gonna do and n*ggas ain't want no part of it."

He wouldn't name the artists that declined, only calling them, "some non-active n*ggas."

David Banner also complained about the Hip-Hop community's cowardice, blaming everyone who doesn't speak up about injustice, for injustice.

When asked where the big New York artists were, like Jay-Z and Nas, Game concurred that the East Coast has been fairly mum since the verdict.

"Man if that happened in L.A., do you know you could see smoke form the hills?" he asked. "You look into the city, you'd see smoke and everything would be on fire. I don't know why New York is so quiet and I don't know if New York being quiet isn't the right thing to do."

One opinion that he does respect though, is reverend and activist Al Sharpton's. The two have been in talks and Game said Sharpton's camp knows the Bells personally.

"I got a chance to ... get his views," he said. "We haven't tied the knot on what's next. We're not in unison as far as where to go next, but for Game it's just the beginning of my voice."

Game's album Los Angeles Times is slated for release on July 8.

Source: sohh.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X