Seymour fined $25K for hitting Big Ben

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour fined $25K for hitting Big Ben

Oakland Raiders defensive end Richard Seymour has been fined $25,000 by the league for hitting Ben Roethlisberger in the face in Sunday's game in Pittsburgh, a league source tells ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Roethlisberger was celebrated a touchdown pass to Emmanuel Sanders, jumping into into the arms of tackle Flozell Adams. The Steelers quarterback then began walking forward and appeared to say something to Seymour, who turned and struck the quarterback in the jaw with his open right hand.

Roethlisberger was sent to the turf by the blow. Seymour was ejected from the game and later apologized -- to his teammates.

"I apologize to my teammates," Seymour said Sunday. "I never want to do anything to hurt the team. You always want to protect yourself, but there's no excuse."

Seymour said he was confused by Roethlisberger approaching him after the score.

"I'm not sure why he [Roethlisberger] ran up on me. I just turned around and it was a natural reaction," Seymour told media after the 35-3 loss.

Source: AP

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X