Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Rocker writes in column that Holocaust ‘would have never taken place’ if Jewish people had guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Rocker writes in column that Holocaust ‘would have never taken place’ if Jewish people had guns

John Rocker has opened his mouth once again, and not surprisingly, something stupid came out of it.

Rocker, infamous for racial and homophobic shots at New Yorkers in 1999, has weighed in on the gun control issue and the Holocaust.

Rocker, in a rambling column for the conservative website WorldNetDaily, said, “Absolute certainties are a rare thing in this life, but one I think can be collectively agreed upon is the undeniable fact that the Holocaust would have never taken place had the Jewish citizenry of Hitler's Germany had the right to bear arms and defended themselves with those arms."

But he wasn’t done there.

Rocker went on to rip President Obama for the “fiscal cliff” agreement and Obama care, and also accused the president of using the Sandy Hook tragedy for political gain.

“ ... the one issue few members of the GOP, even fewer conservative pundits and, worse, even the National Rifle Association fail to realize is the pressing matter of our age: President Barack Obama’s decision to use the political capital garnered from the Sandy Hook tragedy to make an all-out assault on gun ownership.”

Rocker, already hated by Mets fans for his antics on the mound with the Braves, became Public Enemy No. 1 in December of 1999 when, in a Sports Illustrated story, took his shots at the city and Met fans in particular.

“Nowhere else in the country do people spit at you, throw bottles at you, throw quarters at you, throw batteries at you and say, ‘Hey, I did your mother last night — she’s a whore.’ I talked about what degenerates they (Mets fans) were, and they proved me right. Just by saying something, I could make them mad enough to go home and slap their moms.”

When asked if he would play for the Mets or Yankees, Rocker said, “I would retire first. It's the most hectic, nerve-racking city. Imagine having to take the 7 train to the ballpark, looking like you're (riding through) Beirut next to some kid with purple hair next to some queer with AIDS right next to some dude who just got out of jail for the fourth time right next to some 20-year-old mom with four kids. It's depressing."

Following the comments, Rocker was originally suspended 28 days, but an independent arbitrator cut it in half.

Still, his days in Altanta — and MLB — were numbered. Rocker was traded to Cleveland in 2001, and was out of the majors on June 27, 2003 when he was released by Tampa Bay.

Two years later, Rocker surfaced with the Long Island Ducks of the independent Atlantic League, but lasted only three months.

“I would like to offer a heartfelt thanks to the Long Island fans for being so supportive and accepting,” Rocker said at the time. “The warm welcome I received here on Long Island went beyond all my expectations.”

Source: nydailynews.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X