do you remember?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you remember?

Do you remember the day we first met, how you told me I was appealing……or that feeling we had seen each other somewhere before that was impossible to ignore for it came with such intensity. An immensity that too long had been in the shadowy darkness… suddenly sifted into clarity and sparkled with sharpness. Do you remember how you timidly asked if it was okay to call, and when you finally did we talked for hours head in the clouds completely enthralled ~ the rainfall seemed so distant that day I drove you home…..we’d grown so close so quickly I guess I should have known. Known that you had no experience to feel the things you said……known you couldn’t mean them, that I was being misled. Instead I followed willingly, ready to be the next victim of your tragedy. Do you remember the dandelions and the willow tree? Do you remember asking to take care of me? I can fend for myself but the idea was attractive…distractive even, but I just wanted to feel loved… above all I wanted to feel loved by you. Do you remember waking up next to me after holding each other all night… it was right for an evening but I guess now you have moved on….. you’re gone yet I feel like we were only just beginning. I’m losing again after coming so close to winning, and I’m spinning around in search of solid ground cause the one I’d found is now crumbling and disappearing. The colors are smearing from the canvas, as my bliss drips off this page of idealistic love…….. why would I think you were above those petty patriarchal bullshit games? Why did I see you so differently when you are exactly the same? As every other no brain asshole looking for a one night whore…….I’m much more than that, obviously too much for you to handle..... you don’t even hold a candle compared to the way my light shines, and your outline still lingers but the memories are fading. I’m waiting with anticipation for the one to understand where I am coming from…..who loves me for me and openly accepts my son. Because he is the most important thing in my life… and your not worth causing him unnecessary pain and strife…

Hmmm interesting poem. Its more like a story. I would try to use less words, but its a nice read nonetheless.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X