Xbox Next Now 2006?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox Next Now 2006?

"There's no new Xbox in the next year, but, man, are we hard at work on that next Xbox." These words came from Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer at Microsoft's Financial Analyst Meeting yesterday in Redmond, Washington.

Microsoft's future console -- which may be called Xbox 2, Xbox Next, Xenon, Xbox 360, The Big X, Next 'Box, X2: Electric Boogaloo, or something completely unexpected -- has been the source of endless speculation over the past year. Supposedly authentic internal memos and design specs leaked on the Internet over the past few months spurred rumors and cemented -- at least in the public mind -- that Xbox 2 was indeed a near certainty for 2005. Now it appears those assertions were false.

Though Ballmer said Xbox 2 would not come in "the next year" it's unclear whether he meant the next calendar year (all of 2005) or Microsoft's next fiscal year, which ends July 2005. Microsoft declined to comment or offer any clarification on Ballmer's statement.

If Ballmer was referring to the fiscal year, that would mean Xbox 2 could still be on tap for holiday 2005. If not, we can all enjoy an extra year of rumor, speculation, denial, and wishful thinking.

Source: IGN

Damn, the systems jus get betta and betta. An to think we started out with Atari. I would get that in a jiffy. But I bet that's gonna be alot of money. I'm thinking to bout $400 to $500 dollars. I'll wait bout 2 years after till the price goes down. Or my ***** De, could find a way to get it for me. An I'll pay at a lower price.

Comment

Nah it wont cost that much. It will be $200, $250 tops

Comment

Either way. I bet they're gonna be off the hook. These joints get better from every new one they make. Yo, the world manufactoring gets so much credit. For the economic system. The more they come up with new systems, the more complicated it gets. An you gotta look on how well they designed the graphics and all sorts of others. Man, the love the future.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X