Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lil Wayne and Paris Hilton talk rap, paparazzi, and share jail stories in odd-couple Q&A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lil Wayne and Paris Hilton talk rap, paparazzi, and share jail stories in odd-couple Q&A

And the award for the strangest pairing in a conversation or interview goes to… Interview Magazine for bringing rap titan Lil Wayne and socialite Paris Hilton together.

Interview, known for coupling celebrities for interesting chats, picked the heiress to speak with their April issue’s cover boy, whom she says she first met at a Grammy party in L.A. An excerpt of their Q&A is on their site now, and it features several fun facts–like the following:

“The most bizarre thing I’ve ever read about myself is that I was dead,” says Wayne, who claims he’s never actually Googled himself. “That was kind of weird to read that I’m dead—mostly because I was reading it.” The two go on to talk about paparazzi harassment, how little Wayne grew up to become Lil Wayne, and how he dealt with his stay at Rikers Island last year. Surprisingly (well, not really), Hilton can relate.

The last month of his jail stint, officials caught Wayne with an iPod—which is a no-no in the bing. They threw him in solitary confinement for the remaining weeks of his sentence: “For me it was okay, because it just meant that I was alone with my thoughts. There were times when it was pretty tough to be by yourself, and to have no television, no sort of nothing. That was kind of tough. But I didn’t have to be in there long. It was just a month. I was okay. I did fine.” Then Paris, who has spent some time in the box herself, talked about her brief stay. “I had to do 24 nights in solitary,” she revealed to Wayne. “I know how it is. It’s the best feeling in the world when you come out.”

And Wayne on the differences between him and his fellow rap titans: “I speak about what I speak about, and I guess that’s because I’m a crazy-ass n—a. Kanye [West] speaks about a lot of different things, but that’s because of who he is. You have Jay-Z, and he speaks about more corporate things, and I’m quite sure he’s a pretty corporate guy. But I guess it’s all who you are … Honestly, I don’t listen to nobody else’s music but my own. It’s kind of like sports to me. You don’t see Kobe Bryant at a LeBron James game—he just works on his own game. And that’s what I do. I only listen to me, so I can criticize and analyze and all those things.”

Source: EW.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X