YG Talks New Mixtape, Working with 50 Cent and Acting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YG Talks New Mixtape, Working with 50 Cent and Acting

West Coast rapper YG recently sat down with AllHipHop.com for an exclusive interview regarding his recent success and upcoming work.

During the interview, YG discussed some of his upcoming plans in the film world, his new mixtape and new found roles acting.

“Im working on this mixtape called Just Re’d Up, its got Chris Brown and Tyga on it, Short Dawg and Nipsey Hussle, its finna drop in like 2 weeks,” YG told AllHipHop.com.

YG has also stepped into the acting world and is featured in the new movie "We The Party," which was directed by Mario Van Peebles and is set to hit theaters soon.

“I have the third-lead role in the movie, and I play a character named CC, 20 years old that’s still in high school, he got 2 kids and his momma is half blind, they live on Skid Row, and he's a rapper, but his brother always beating on him, so he has a scar on his face,” YG told AllHipHop.com.

Ironically enough, the scar on his face is from his real-life big brother, who is played by Snoop Dogg in the movie, which also stars Michael Jai White and Salli Richardson-Whitfield.

While played the role in the final version of the movie, the part was originally intended for 50 Cent.

“Actually 50 was supposed to play my big brother, but he was shooting his movie, so we had to get Snoop,” YG told AllHipHop.com. “As the movie goes on I just open up and I start talking and rapping. Snoop plays my big brother in the movie and The New Boyz are in the movie too."

YG also took the time to make comments about how he feels about his place in the West Coast Hip-Hop scene.

“I think my place is good, and its good to bring the West back and to have us all f**k wit each other, because I f**k with everybody in the west and I f**k wit everybody from everywhere else. And there’s a lot of people out there, don’t f**k with people from wherever, like they f**k wit who they f**k wit, but I think I’m gonna be the dude that f**k wit everybody and that has it poppin like it used to be, you feel me?”

Source: allhiphop.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X