Ashley Judd Rips Snoop Dogg, Diddy For 'Misogyny' In Hip-Hop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ashley Judd Rips Snoop Dogg, Diddy For 'Misogyny' In Hip-Hop

Ashley Judd doesn't just have harsh words for her family in her new memoir, but she also reveals she has beef with top music artists Diddy and Snoop Dogg, too.

In an "All That Is Bitter And Sweet" excerpt posted on RadarOnline.com, Judd talks positively about her work as an ambassador for YouthAIDS, an awareness campaign, but admits to objecting to some of their famous supporters.

"Along with other performers, YouthAIDS was supported by rap and hip-hop artists like Snoop Dogg and P. Diddy to spread the message ... um, who?" the actress reportedly says. "Those names were a red flag."

"As far as I'm concerned, most rap and hip-hop music – with its rape culture and insanely abusive lyrics and depictions of girls and women as 'ho's' – is the contemporary soundtrack of misogyny," she argues.

"I believe that the social construction of gender - the cultural beliefs and practices that divide the sexes and institutionalize and normalize the unequal treatment of girls and women, privilege the interests of boys and men, and, most nefariously, incessantly sexualize girls and women - is the root cause of poverty and suffering around the world," Judd says.

And she knows a lot about suffering. Much of the memoir details the stormy relationships she had growing up with her famous mom, Naomi, and sister Wynonna.

The movie star, 42, also reveals in the book that she was sexually abused and contemplated suicide.

"My childhood was erratic, chaotic, unstable," she said in People's new issue. "I was so the lost child, who just goes away and can be invisible while sitting in the middle of the room."

"I know that my mom did the best she could as did my dad," she told the magazine, "but for a variety of reasons, it was just hurtful."

But Judd believes "our painful past becomes out greatest asset." Indeed, her troubles inspired her to get involved with groups like YouthAIDS.

"Now I can look at it and say, 'Wow, that shouldn't have happened to a dog much less a child," she said.

"All That Is Bitter And Sweet" was released Tuesday.

Source: nydailynews.com

Ashley Judd needs to shut the fuck up and suck a cock. She's generalizing about hip hop and rap music.

Fucking self rightgeous skank. Just because daddy touched her late at night she thinks her opinion means something when it comes to hip hop and rap.

Go kill yourself.

Comment

Here's my take on actors, musicians, entertainers, media, etc. I could care less about their philanthropy, political views, or anything else besides their jobs. Judd is no better than Diddy or Snoop. It's all entertainment. She's no saint either. I take their views with a grain of salt.

Comment

Huh???

"Rape culture"? WTF? If she wants to talk about the sexualization of women, why not call out performers that look like her - Steven Tyler, Justin Timberlake, etc.? Or how about White women like her whose personnas as a sexual professional defines them, like Lady Gaga, Courtney Love, Fergie, Britney Spears or the original bleach blonde tramp, Madonna?

Has she looked at any of those videos? Another racist White woman claims she was "abused" to sell her pitiful "memoir", but this one sees the teabagging climate and decides to jump on Blacks while she has a soapbox. You don't worry about what Snoop & Puff are doing, missy, talk about what YOU know: being a trailer trash POS whose own mother couldn't figure who your father was until you were about 15 - or was it your sister? Can't remember.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X