Funkmaster Flex, Wife Officially Separate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funkmaster Flex, Wife Officially Separate

It's been a rough week for veteran New York radio personality, Funkmaster Flex.

Following Mr. Cee's highly publicized arrest for public lewdness, the Hot 97 DJ engaged in a radio battle with rival NYC station Power 105, defending his co-worker, and even threatening to expose secrets about 105's on-air talent.

However, despite standing by his friend and calling the reports "rumors," it's been proven otherwise. For it, Flex has gotten a lot of flack.

Now, aside from professional controversy, Flex is now dealing with issues in his personal life.

In a statement to UrbanMag-Online.com, the DJ's wife, Monica Joseph-Taylor, released a statement announcing her separation from Flex after 18 years of marriage, and asked the hip-hop community to respect their privacy.

"After almost 18 years of friendship and marriage, it is with great regret that I announce my husband Aston Taylor, also known as Funkmaster Flex, and I are separated," Monica revealed in a statement.

"We have tremendous love and respect for each other, and will continue to work on our professional projects together," she continued. "Our top priority has and will always be our children! I personally ask that the press keep in mind Flex is the celebrity, not myself or my children, please respect our privacy!"

The split comes just over a month after Flex was arrested on harassment, aggravated harassment and criminal mischief charges on an unknown woman, which later turned out to be his wife.

Source: Ballerstatus.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X