Lil B Titles New Album 'I’m Gay,' GLAAD Reacts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lil B Titles New Album 'I’m Gay,' GLAAD Reacts

Sounds like the Based God has a universal love of mankind.

This past weekend, Lil B announced to the crowd at Coachella that he’d be titling his upcoming album I’m Gay. While the Pack alum followed up by stating he was in fact heterosexual, he advised that titling the album such – despite the controversy – was merely a pun on being happy. “Words don’t mean s**t,” Lil B stated per HipHopDX. However, The Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, otherwise known as GLAAD had something different to say. Well, it wasn’t “glad” tidings.

“As a lyricist, Lil B knows that words matter,” a spokesperson for GLAAD told XXLmag.com. “Slurs have the power to fuel intolerance. We hope that Lil B’s album title is not just a gimmick, and is really a sincere attempt to be an ally. He has the platform and the voice. We hope he uses it in a positive way.”

Lil B’s solo career has been saturated with moments of controversy. From questionable lyrics and songs titled “Justin Bieber” to outrageous tweets about Kanye West, discussions on whether or not the XXL Freshman 2011 pick has a place as a frontrunner in hip hop have run rampant since his smash single “Wonton Soup” hit the streets. Since then, it’s been something of a cult following for the Based God. However, fans are wondering if I’m Gay is a publicity stunt or a declaration.

“Uhhh why is Lil B album called I'm Gay?” @nenenene_ asks. “Wait so is Lil B gay or just named his album that?” wonders @BeezyLaBee.

Regardless of fact or fiction, the title has enough shock value to keep people guessing. “Aw yeah and Lil B gay,” states @ShexObeyxTray, while @DJStoutJunt didn’t take the title too literally. “[It’s] B/c he's ‘not gay’”, the user explains. “Yeah, I think it's stupid too.”

Source: MTV

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X