Producer DJ Khalil Says Dre Almost Finished With 'Detox'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Producer DJ Khalil Says Dre Almost Finished With 'Detox'

Producer DJ Khalil recently gave an update on the progress of Dr. Dre's third studio album Detox.

Dre teased fans earlier this year when he dropped two singles from the project, "Kush" and "I Need A Doctor" featuring Eminem, that also included a big budget video.

But a concrete release date for Detox has never been confirmed, leaving fans to wonder if the album will drop this year.

DJ Khalil, who produced the single "Kush" along with Dr. Dre, said the album is in its "final stretches" of production.

"Dre's album is definitely the most important thing right now, because he is definitely in the final stretch," DJ Khalil told Billboard. "He has the record going, but I'm sure he thinks there are pieces missing still. Until he finds those pieces, maybe he's not comfortable putting it out yet."

According to DJ Khalil, Dre's new album definitely had a "futuristic West coast sound."

"I don't know what he's keeping, though," DJ Khalil admitted during the interview with Billboard.

At press time, a release date for Detox was unavailable.

Source: allhiphop.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X