No announcement yet.

D.O.C. Reunites With Dr. Dre; Planning 'Wedding' Reality Show With Erykah Badu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D.O.C. Reunites With Dr. Dre; Planning 'Wedding' Reality Show With Erykah Badu

The D.O.C. has reunited with Dr. Dre after a verbal altercation ended their relationship in 2009, the legendary rapper revealed in a recent interview.

D.O.C. did an interview with the Dallas Observer, where he discussed a number of issues, including his early days with NWA, his work with Dr. Dre as a ghostwriter and an acrimonious split with Dr. Dre, that occurred around 2009.

According to the report, Dr. Dre put the D.O.C. in a rented house and paid him $20,000 annually to write for Detox.

But D.O.C. felt that he was being severely underpaid for his contributions to past projects by Dre, including Straight Outta Compton, The Chronic and 2001.

The pair had a nasty argument over dinner in October of 2009, which resulted in their parting ways, along with a possible explanation for Detox's perpetual delay.

Although the D.O.C. refused to comment on the issue, he said that after almost three years, Dr. Dre recently called him and invited him back to his recording studio in Burbank.

Now, the D.O.C. Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre and in the studio recording for Detox, which the D.O.C. believes can be completed in as little as six months.

"He's pretty f**king close," D.O.C. said. "We all got love for each other…I love Dre like my f**king family."

In related news, the D.O.C. revealed that he was living with his ex, singer Erykah Badu, with whom he has a seven-year-old daughter named Puma.

The legendary rapper revealed that he is still very “enchanted with her [Badu]” and hopes to film a reality show about their lifestyle, ending with him being married to the legendary vocalist, whose other children also who have famous fathers, that includes Outkast's Andre 3000 and rapper J. Electronica.

The D.O.C. is also planning on undergoing stem cell surgery to repair his voice, which was damaged in a car accident in 1989, that cost him his career as it was just beginning to take off.

The surgery is being filmed for a reality show titled I Got My Voice Back.

Source: allhiphop.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X