Rick Ross, DJ Khaled Being Sued by Memphis Rapper Teflon Don

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rick Ross, DJ Khaled Being Sued by Memphis Rapper Teflon Don

Miami bred rapper and Maybach Music/Warner Brothers CEO Rick Ross is again enthralled with another law suit. This time its regarding a slew of charges, as a rising independent artist named Teflon Don is coming out to clear his name.

According to MemphisRap.com, today (Monday, August 29) Memphis rapper Teflon Don is naming rapper Rick Ross, DJ Khaled, Def Jam, Universal Music Group, Slip N Slide Records and Maybach Music Group in a lawsuit for trademark infringement, common-law trademark rights, trademark delusion, unfair competition, tortious interference and fraud and identity theft in a filing in Federal Court in Memphis, TN

"You're not going to let anybody take anything from you and your family, I'm not going to let anybody take anything from me and my family," Teflon Don explained. "I put too much work in and ethic in all of these things to show the world that I can make it without the major support and I've been doing it, I've been showing people how we can make new markets. Slid into the Memphis Grizzlies era, in video games and now I'm into movies."

Though he would not get into the specifics of the law suit, Teflon Don says the he and DJ Khaled worked together on a song in 2007 for "I Represent" released on Coast2Coast mixtapes Volume 10.

"All these cats knew about me," stated Teflon Don to MemphisRap.com. "I tried to be nice about everything because I got a good heart, but with this situation I'm not happy at all," he said.

Teflon Don, has an album called "God, The Government, The Game," and says that those he is suing infringed on his brand, and that he had been building a while before Rick Ross and Dj Khaled and Def Jam put out the project Teflon Don in 2010.

"It is almost belittling to me because the music he [Rick Ross] puts out is almost demeaning and the music that I put out is more positive." the Teflon Don explained. "We have two different crowds and it is making me lose clientele based on the fact that they think that I am a negative rapper. So when they hear that Teflon Don wants to perform at a certain place sometimes they think negative and that was not the brand that I was building all these years."

Ironically Rapper Rick Ross' obsession with the Texas Based Wingstop, made clear in his line in the the song "MC Hammer" when he raps, "She thinking Phillipes I'm thinking Wing Stop," is coming to fruition with a location opening in Memphis, TN this fall.

"After tasting Wingstop's signature lemon-pepper flavored wings in Miami, I knew this was a franchise I wanted to add to my investments," Ross told AllHIpHop.com's Steve Raze in the Next 48 Hours series.

Rapper Rick Ross and DJ Khaled have not been reached for a statement on the claims by Teflon Don thus far.

Source: allhiphop.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X