Spike Lee Taps Legendary Rappers For Hip-Hop Horror Film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spike Lee Taps Legendary Rappers For Hip-Hop Horror Film

A variety of legendary rappers will make an appearance in Spike Lee's upcoming Hip-Hop horror film titled “You're Nobody 'Til Somebody Kills You.”

Doug E. Fresh, Big Daddy Kane and Ed Lover make appearances in "You're Nobody 'Til Somebody Kills You," which stars James McDaniel (NYPD Blue), Michael K. Williams ("The Wire" "Boardwalk Empire"), Michael Mosley ("Law & Order") and Nashawn Kearse (“The Sopranos” “Entourage.”)

"You're Nobody 'Til Somebody Kills You" adapted the title of a Notorious B.I.G.'s track of the same title from the classic album Life After Death.

The horror film is described as an action-packed genre film of two New York City homicide detectives that end up in the “high-stakes world of the Hip-Hop industry.”

During the movie, murder sex money and music collide, as the homicides detectives track a serial killer murdering some of Hip-Hop's biggest stars.

Spike Lee is executive producing the film, while his protégé Michael A. Pinckney is directing the horror flick.

"You're Nobody 'Til Somebody Kills You" is slated to premiere at the Williamsburg International Film Festival dubbed "Willifest" in Brooklyn this September.

“Shooting ‘You're Nobody 'Til Somebody Kills You’ and having my mentor Spike Lee come on board as an Executive Producer was a dream come true for me - working with an amazing cast of actors and hip hop luminaries, such as Doug E. Fresh and Big Daddy Kane was an added bonus,” said Michael "Boogie" Pinckney, Managing Director at Black Noise Media, Inc.

“Being that Spike and I are both from Brooklyn, it was only right that we premiere the film at Brooklyn’s very own Willifest, which was rated by MovieMaker Magazine as one of the Top 20 Coolest Film Festivals in the World in 2010.”

“You're Nobody 'Til Somebody Kills You" is being distributed by Locomotion Distribution, and will debut on September 23rd at the Knitting Factory during "WilliFest."

Source: allhiphop.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X