Common Talks New Memoir 'One Day It'll All Make Sense'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Common Talks New Memoir 'One Day It'll All Make Sense'

Chicago rapper Common recently spoke with the Chicago Sun-Times about a new book that he will be releasing titled, "One Day It'll All Make Sense: A Memoir by Lonnie Rashid Lynn Jr."

On the eve of a release, Common is opening up to his fans in new ways.

Each chapter of the book starts with a letter from Common to someone significant in his life.

From a letter to his father, to his aborted child, to various friends Common, gives his fans a background look at how he really felt about people in his life.

“It’s about the evolution of a young man growing into manhood," the Chicago rapper and actor told the Sun-Times. "It’s about love relationships, not only on a romantic level but love for the art you’re doing, music and acting, love for my mother, my daughter. And, of course, Chicago. It’s not only the backdrop on the cover, it’s the backdrop of my life.”

The memoir is filled with details about his life and briefly touching on the music he made over the years.

Fans can find out that Common almost gave up on rap after “Can I Borrow a Dollar?” in 1992, Erykah Badu dumping him in 2002 over the phone, spiritualism and about how fellow Chicago collaborator Kanye West.

The book, which is in stores now, was written with the assistance of Adam Bradley, who wrote the "Anthology of Rap," but there also features introspection from Common's mom.

The title comes from Common’s 1997 album and the cover has Common and his mom as well, Chicago educator Dr. Mahalia Ann Hines.

In related news, Common will co-star in “Hell on Wheels,” a Western cable series premiering Nov. 6 on AMC.

At 39, Common is also working on his eighth album called "The Dreamer, the Believer" which is dropping in November.

Source: allhiphop.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X