Jay Electronica And Prodigy Trade Bars On "Call of Duty"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay Electronica And Prodigy Trade Bars On "Call of Duty"

The enigmatic Jay Electronica does it again. After a quiet year musically—even by Elect’s standards, on Monday the Roc Nation MC dropped “Call of Duty” a new track featuring Mobb Deep’s Prodigy.

The track starts with a wartime speech and building military, drum roll. The New Orleans spitter starts off with a dedication to Apple founder Steve Jobs who passed last week. “You know the story, when real see real, we recognize/ When you see the steel flash you petrified/ Steve Jobs seen death after just retiring,” he spits.

Elect continues to salute the deceased shouting out the Notorious B.I.G., Big Pun and Tupac Shakur before turning his attention to current lyrical marvels like his label mate J. Cole who recently scored a #1 album with his Cole World: The Sideline Story.

Mobb Deep’s Prodigy evokes the spirit of B.I.G. and interpolates a line from “Mo Money, Mo Problems” on the song’s hook as he spits, “Put your diamonds in the sky, wave ‘em side to side/ Get juxed for your shine.”

Jay Elect tackles the second verse, letting Pee close the song out with a hard-nosed verse where he recounts his rise from a teenaged hustler to one of rap’s elite. “I done graduated gladiator school what’s next?/ From the bottom, only one way to go, to the tip/ Or the top with these non-stop flows I invent/ Bars so hard, sh-- hurt when it hit.”

Still no official word on when Jay Electronica’s album Act II: Patents of Nobility (The Turn) will be released or if “Call of Duty” will be on it.

Source: MTV

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X