Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taylor Swift 'Huge Fan' Of Hip-Hop, T.I.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taylor Swift 'Huge Fan' Of Hip-Hop, T.I.

Sweet-faced country and pop singer Taylor Swift doesn’t immediately conjure the image of being a fan of the beats and bass found in Hip Hop but the singer isn’t simply just a fan of some of rap’s elite. The 21-year-old Pennsylvania native has been performing alongside some of her favorite rap acts during her Speak Now tour as well – including a certain “King Of The South.”

MTV News caught up with the star last Thursday (October 14) at the launch of her Wonderstruck perfume premiere event in New York. Swift is on tour in support of her third album, Speak Now, and revealed that she’s been a fan of the boom and the bap for some time. “I'm a huge hip-hop fan, and it's been so amazing to have so many incredible artists come out and to get to sing the hooks on their songs that I've been blasting in my car for the last couple years,” shared Swift.

During some stops on her tour, Swift has been seen rocking the stages with special guests such as Justin Bieber, Hayley Williams and Usher – but the most unlikely pairing of them all is southern rap mainstay T.I. joining Swift during a tour date to rock alongside her.

“Well, I called T.I. the night before the show, so I felt like it's such short notice that [he wouldn't do it with me], and he's just like, 'Hey, yeah, sure,' " said a humbled Swift.. "And it was just amazing. I was so excited 'cause I'm such a fan and I thought, 'This is such short notice, this is so ridiculous' that I'm asking him to do this the night before. And he's like, 'I'll be there.’ And he showed up for sound check and we were all just so star-struck."

Tip’s fellow Grand Hustle artist B.o.B. and Young Money starlet Nicki Minaj have also joined Swift as well. Taylor promises there will be more surprises in the coming days. “It's been awesome. I couldn't have asked for more amazing special guests on this tour, and we're not finished yet,” said Swift.

Source: MTV

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X