No announcement yet.

Thousands Of Students Call On Kanye West To Speak Out Against Immigration Bill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thousands Of Students Call On Kanye West To Speak Out Against Immigration Bill

Thousands of students have signed an online petition that is calling upon rap star Kanye West to speak out against Alabama’s new immigration law.

Kanye is currently in Birmingham, Alabama, where he is spending the month preparing for his “Watch the Throne” tour with Jay-Z.

The students are signing the petition on Change.org, in hopes of getting the superstar rap artist to meet with Civil Rights leaders, politicians and other influential individuals in Alabama, about HB 56.

The controversial bill has been labeled as supporting some of the most extreme anti-immigration legislation in the country.

The petition was organized by William Anderson, a student at University of Alabama Birmingham, as well as a longtime fan Kanye West.

“Like thousands of Kanye fans, I grew up listening to Hip-Hop, and it was one of the things that shaped my consciousness about race and justice,” said William Anderson, who launched the campaign on Change.org. “Alabama’s new immigration law is an attack on the state’s citizens, documented and undocumented. In the spirit of the social justice and hip hop, I hope that Kanye listens to his fans and takes a few minutes to learn and educate others about the crisis that is happening in Alabama.”

Kanye West has yet to respond, and he will only be in Alabama until October 28.

http://www.change.org/petitions/ask-...ile-in-alabama

Source: allhiphop.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X