Snoop Dogg Becomes Snoop Lion In Reincarnated Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snoop Dogg Becomes Snoop Lion In Reincarnated Trailer

Snoop Dogg has unveiled the trailer for his new documentary "Reincarnated," chronicling his new album of the same name and the transformation into his new Reggae persona Snoop Lion.

"F--- Snoop Dogg...All that sh-- be out of here," he says in the opening to the Vice-produced visual. "Rastafari called me." Snoop Lion discussed the film, which was recently selected to premiere at the 2012 Toronto International Film Festival, and his journey from hip-hop to reggae at a small media gathering in NYC yesterday with MTV's Sway Calloway, the album's producer Diplo and supporters including Rohan Marley, son of the late great Bob Marley, and singer Melanie Fiona.

"I always said I was Bob Marley reincarnated," said Snoop, paying homage to the Reggae legend. Snoop explained how after several years in hip-hop, he was tired of rapping and felt his creative juices plateau. While at a Rastafarian temple in Jamaica, Snoop met a high priest and instantly felt a spiritual awakening. "No more. You are the light; you are the lion,'" said the priest. This prompted Snoop's name change and a new direction for his music. Reincarnated producer Diplo echoed this excitement over the project, dubbing it some of the best music he's ever been a part of and a professional "dream come true."

Snoop emphasized that this album will be universal and more importantly, authentic. The first single, "La La La" serves as the perfect introduction for what fans can expect moving forward. Snoop's clearly having fun with this all. He gleefully said that his new creative direction has given him a "rebirth. "I'm 19 again," he added laughing.

Source: RapFix

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X