Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dom Kennedy Confirms Offers From Maybach Music, Interscope; Says He Wants $2 Million

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dom Kennedy Confirms Offers From Maybach Music, Interscope; Says He Wants $2 Million

Rising Los Angeles rapper, Dom Kennedy, has been making a lot of noise as of late, thanks to his recently released free album, Yellow Album. His movement is touching the fans, and hitting the radars of the major labels, because they've been a knocking and the rapper has been fielding record deal offers.

During a recent interview with Southern California's Q104.7 morning show, with hosts Rico and Mambo, the Leimert Park-bred emcee confirmed rumors of offers from both Rick Ross's Maybach Music Group and Interscope. However, he's yet to jump on any deals, simply because they weren't up to his expectations.

"It's all true [that I've been courted by MMG and Interscope] -- at this point, any company that you can think of has hit us up or has an offer on the table," Dom explained. "Obviously, it's not the right one ... we definitely talking numbers. That's the whole conversation. [I'm thinking] $2 million. And they don't even got that, but you can ask for it, all they can say is no. [But] if you call with $2 million, we could probably shake hands."

Although the right deal hasn't revealed itself just yet, the rapper says he'll continue to just have fun with the music, as he's been doing.

"I'm having fun to be honest with you, and it's funny that when you just have fun and you do it 'ccause you love it, that's when everything comes [with label offers]," Dom said. "I didn't make 'My Type of Party' for anybody to really pay attention to or for radio stations to really play; I made [my music] because I really enjoyed it…I don't want to be miserable and try to follow everybody; that'll drive you crazy. [Hearing my music on the radio], it's letting me know it's working."

If you haven't yet, download the Yellow Album over at DatPiff.com.

Souce: ballerstatus.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X