Shawty Lo Says He Provides For His 10 Babies' Mothers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shawty Lo Says He Provides For His 10 Babies' Mothers

Shawty Lo explains how his family grew so big.

Shawty Lo surprised the Hip Hop community with the announcement that his upcoming reality show All My Babies' Mamas focused on his life with 10 babies' mothers and 11 children.

During an interview with MTV News, the Southern rapper explained that he would never snub his family and always provides for them. "You can hate all you want to, I didn't ask for it. It just happened. Now that it happened, I'm supposed to turn my back against it?" he said. "If I wasn't taking care of my kids then you would really dog me out, but I'm taking care of my kids, providing for my family. I don't know what else to say."

The "Dey Know" spitter said that he developed such a big family because he was a big drug dealer in Atlanta, Georgia, and women flocked to him. After he felt that "a girl was your girlfriend or whatever, rubber probably came off," thereby explaining the multiple pregnancies.

Even though it's a lot to juggle, Lo says that it's top priority to take care of those around him. "Even if you ain't got the money, you gotta be a father to your child. You need to be in your child's life, 'cause that means a lot to them," he said. "Comin' up, we didn't have Thanksgiving, we didn't have Christmas, but if I had my father there, if I even had my mother there, I probably wouldn't have been that person I was in the streets."

Source: hiphopdx.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X