LAPD Sgt. Alleges B.I.G. Cover Up Linked To Sexual Harassment Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAPD Sgt. Alleges B.I.G. Cover Up Linked To Sexual Harassment Case

A sexual harassment lawsuit filed by LAPD Sgt. Ya-May Christle recently added more ammunition to the argument that Notorious B.I.G.'s murder investigation was mishandled.

In her lawsuit, Christle alleges that Michael Berkow, former LAPD deputy chief in charge of internal affairs, gave preferential treatment and promotions to several female officers in exchange for sex. In addition to the sexual harassment claims, Christle also charges that computer data she entered while investigating the murder of Notorious B.I.G. (born Christopher Wallace) was destroyed.

According to her attorney, Bradley Gage, for accusing Berkow and other members of the department of confiscating her computer, Christle was retaliated against. At the time, the computer contained information critical to the internal affairs investigation of the Wallace murder.

Gage declined to reveal whether the missing data may have implicated police officers.

Christle's attorney is also one of several lawyers handling a suit filed on behalf of Wallace, alleging that two corrupt (now former) LAPD officers were responsible for the shooting that took his life in 1997.

In January of 2007, a judge is expected to begin hearing evidence in the wrongful death case brought by Wallace's family. Despite Judge Florence-Marie Cooper ordering a 1.1 million dollar judgment for the family's legal fees, the case previously ended in mistrial.

This July, a newly formed LAPD task force took over the Wallace murder investigation.

Source: sohh.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X