Prodigy Talks Prison Sentence, Claims Police Asked Him To Set Up 50 Cent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prodigy Talks Prison Sentence, Claims Police Asked Him To Set Up 50 Cent

During a stop at DJ Whoo Kid's G-Unit Radio, Mobb Deep frontman Prodigy spoke out for the first time since being sentenced to 3-1/2 years behind bars.

Prodigy copped a plea deal earlier this month to a gun possession charge that will force him to do time in prison. According to the rapper, he claims that the police pulled him over and illegally searched his bulletproof truck and, during the course of the search, uncovered a gun in a box inside the rapper's vehicle.

"I gotta do a little 3 ½," the Queensbridge MC told Whoo Kid. "I had to cop out to a 3 ½...the hip-hop cops, they all over me son. They took my bullet proof truck. But I'll be right back though."[Listen Here]

Before taking his current deal, Prodigy says that he was facing up to 15 years in jail if convicted and that the first deal he was offered was one for 5 years. He also claims that police tried to get him to set up his G-Unit boss 50 Cent, by asking him to plant evidence inside the rapper's car.

"All they doing is making me stronger, they don't even know what they doing," he exclaimed. "They making me Malcolm X right now."

Speaking on how the prison time will effect his music, the rapper said that he was supposed to release his latest solo album, HNIC 2, in March of 2008 but will have to put the disc on hold. In order to still have his music on the streets P plans on putting out several mixtapes while he's incarcerated.

"I'll always stay relevant in the streets through my music," he said. "That's never gonna change."

P says that the police have been profiling him and Mobb Deep for years and are doing the same thing with many other rappers. Though the tone of the interview was serious, he did however take the time to poke fun of Kanye West. When asked if he thought the hip-hop cops were following the Louis Vuitton Don, he responded by saying, "I don't know if they following that tight clothes wearing ni**a. His clothes is so tight you can see if he got a gun or not."

Prodigy will report to jail on January 9.

Source: sohh.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X