Rihanna Appointed Ambassador Of Barbados

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rihanna Appointed Ambassador Of Barbados

Fresh off her Grammy win last week, R&B/pop star Rihanna has been named an Ambassador for Culture and Youth in her home country of Barbados.

According to The Barbados Advocate, the Def Jam songstress was given the title by Prime Minister David Thompson at a tribute concert held in her honor on Thursday, February 21st.

Thompson said that in light of all of Rihanna's recent achievements, including her Grammy award for the smash hit "Umbrella," the singer should be formally recognized as a positive role model and source of inspiration for the country.

"I really don't know what to say," Rihanna said upon hearing the news. "I am so grateful and I have never been more proud to be Bajan."

The 20-year-old star, whose full name is Robin Rihanna Fenty, also got a Land Rover and a diamond bracelet from some of the event's sponsors, along with a birthday cake to celebrate her birthday this past Wednesday (Feb. 20).

She was accompanied at the tribute concert by rumored romantic interest, R&B star Chris Brown.

Source: sohh.com

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X