Clear All

• Batman: Year One News and Rumors

Batman: Year One aka "Batman: The Frightening"
    Release Date: scheduled for 2005?
    Cast: TBA
    Director: Chris Nolan
    Official Site: TBA
    Trailers: None

Synopsis: Producers are looking to take the franchise in new directions and will take inspiration from the "Year One" story by Frank Miller exploring Batman's origins. "Year One" chronicles Bruce Wayne's first year as the vigilante Batman as well as his relationship with Lieutenant James Gordon, the future Police Commissioner, who's fighting within the law.

Looks as through Guy Pearce is out of running contention based on this interview conducted by MoviePoopShoot.com:
    " JH: You starred in Christopher Nolan's acclaimed film, MEMENTO. Now word is he may direct a BATMAN film. Have you two talked about you possibly trying on that character. Would that hold any interest for you?
    GP: I don't think so. (laughs)

JH: Not in your nature to do a superhero movie?
    GP: Not at this stage in my life. If I was ever going to do it, Chris Nolan would be the person I would do it with. But no we haven't had any of those discussions. "

KellhamH sent in this rumor, and please folks take it as it is, a rumor. He says "Marilyn Manson and Steve Buscemi are runner-ups for the part of the Scarecrow. " Interesting, I'd like to see Buscemi as the 'Crow!

Batman-on-Film gives us an update on Chris Nolan's Batman:
    Ashton Kutcher - definite interest, but those pushing for him quickly lost ground. Nolan has a vision & tone for the film. Not so much "Dark," as the character is obviously that, but SERIOUS; Nolan wants to do a comic adventure w/ real world feel. Kutcher won't get past Nolan, & WB won't mess up their relationship w/ Nolan. Read: KUTCHER'S OUT.

Costume - Look for the new bat-rig to be more faithful to the comics, as in not all black. Also, look for the sculpted "rubber" look to go away, a la Spider-man.

Batmobile - smaller, sleeker; think dodge viper crossed with a small dragster.

Villain - Scarecrow is the front-runner; he may not be the one, or the only one. There is talk of introducing a NEW villain via the movie!

The only Batman movie I liked was the first one. The rest of them were garbage. And don't even make me mention "Batman and Robin" I saw that movie last night and I almost through my TV out the window.

So I guess this movie will have nothing to do with the other batman movies. Oh well I hope its dark like the first movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan McBain
      The only Batman movie I liked was the first one. The rest of them were garbage. And don't even make me mention "Batman and Robin" I saw that movie last night and I almost through my TV out the window.

So I guess this movie will have nothing to do with the other batman movies. Oh well I hope its dark like the first movie.
      I never saw batman and robin, is it really that bad?

Batman Returns wasn't that bad, but I hated the fact that they teased a catwoman return and it never happend in Batman Forever

Comment

More News

AICN reports that Chris Nolan's Batman may be called 'Batman: Intimidation'. The report goes on to say that they are currently doing test shots for the film. We'll keep you posted on this.

According to Entertainment Weekly, the next Batman installment will beat out Superman 5 and Batman vs. Superman. It looks like Christopher Nolan will direct the new Bat-flick and a source says that Billy Crudup, Jake Gyllenthal, Christian Bale, Hugh Dancy, Joshua Jackson and Cillian Murphy are being considered for the role of the Caped Crusader.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X