• Luke Cage: Power Man

Luke Cage
    Release Date: TBA
    Cast: TBA
    Director: TBA
    Official Site: TBA
    Trailers: None

Synopsis:
    Luke Cage was once was a gang member, growing up surrounded by crime. At one point, he found himself framed for a crime he did not commit. While in prison, some scientists offered Luke his freedom if he would agree to go through with medical experiments. These experiments not only gave him his freedom, but they also gave him superhuman strength. From there, Luke went into the world to become a mercenary. He became a man who would fight crime, but only for a price.

News and Rumors:
    Rumors now have Vin Diesel up for the role of Luke Cage, Hero for Hire. Diesel has been up for several comic book characters including, Silver Surfer, and Hellboy. Stay tuned to see if he actually does this one.

Columbia Pictures has picked up the rights to Marvel Studios' comic book property "Luke Cage," one of the comic industry's most recognizable black superheroes, for Neal Moritz's studio-based Original Films to produce. The studio is moving forward on the project, tapping Ben Ramsey ("The Big Hit") to write the script. Marvel's Avi Arad will produce. "Cage" is about a former gang member who is framed for a crime. In prison, he volunteers for a medical experiment that goes awry, giving him superstrength and bulletproof skin. Using his newfound powers, Cage escapes and becomes a hero for hire. Thanks to Hollywood Reporter.

Popular, music video director Hype Williams has signed on to direct the Marvel Comics' action flick Luke Cage. Luke Cage was the first, black Marvel comic superhero back in the '70s, and now the franchise returns for the first time since 1993, only this time it will be on the silver screen in a live-action version.

Bull Shit

Vin Diesel as Luke Cage!!!?!?!?!!? That right there is so straight up bull shit!!! Cage is the greatest black super hero of all time and they might give it to Diesel?!?!? Why do they gotta fuck up a good movie like that?!!?

Man someone gimmie a 9mm so I can blow my brains out!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan McBain
      Vin Diesel as Luke Cage!!!?!?!?!!? That right there is so straight up bull shit!!! Cage is the greatest black super hero of all time and they might give it to Diesel?!?!? Why do they gotta fuck up a good movie like that?!!?

Man someone gimmie a 9mm so I can blow my brains out!!!!
      Hmmm yeah but Vin Diesel is cute though...

Comment

You have issues Bob...

Comment

Update

John Singleton will write/direct Sony's upcoming comic book film of Marvel's "LUKE CAGE". Marvel Studios' Kevin Feige says the live-action "LUKE CAGE" movie, based on the popular 'Power Man' comic book character, is in development for a targeted 2005 release. Director John "Shaft" Singleton told SNEAK PEEK's Michael Stevens back in 2001 that he would direct "LUKE CAGE" with Ving Rhames to star. "Singleton is a big fan of 'Luke Cage' and we're a big fan of his," Feige said at the time. Producers of "LUKE CAGE" are Neal Moritz for Original Films and Marvel Studios Avi Arad. "LUKE CAGE" was Marvel's first African-American character to headline his own title, debuting June 1972.

Source: Superherohype

Comment

Re: Luke Cage: Power Man

John Singleton, director of the "Luke Cage" movie, talked to Comics Continuum after the Spider-Man 2 panel last weekend at Wizard World Los Angeles. The man says to expect an announcement regarding the lead actor to be made soon: "I've got a couple of people in mind, but it's premature to say. It's going to be announced in probably a week or so who's going to be Cage...We're working on a new draft and we should be casting really soon." Singleton confirmed the villain will be Diamondback, the original Hero for Hire comics villain who framed him and had him sent to prison - "And I'm trying to get in some of the other characters, like Chemistro, and maybe the Wrecking Crew or some of the obscure Marvel villains. Singleton confirms that Cage will use his trademark "Sweet Christmas" line in the film: "When I read the script, I bust out laughing when he said that, but he can't wear the yellow shirt and he can't have the chains -- I'm not having that. And it's not like the Richard Corben one, either. I'm doing the movie for one reason, to have him break out of Seagate Prison with his bare hands. It's a fun movie. It's hip. It's so cool. Imagine if 50 Cent got super-powers." Production is aiming to get started by late summer for a 2005 release.

Source: Darkhorizons.com

Comment

thanks fro more worthless news, walter.

fuckin old bag.

Comment

^^^Damn you're brutal LOL, I'm looking foward to this movie

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...