Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-men 3

Release Date: TBA
    Cast: Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler, Rebecca Romjin-Stamos as Mystique, Daniel Cudmore as Colossus, Famke Jannsen as Jean Grey, Shawn Ashmore as Iceman, Kelly Hu as Lady Deathstrike, James Marsden as Cyclops
    Director: Bryan Singer, likely
    Official Site: TBA
    Trailers: None

Synopsis: Third installment of the X-Men films. No story has been confirmed.

News and Rumors:
    June 18, 2003: From CountingDown.com: Expect X-Men 3 to get underway as early as January at Vancouver Film Studios, giving the local feature film folk some steady work. The production intends to take advantage of the "I, Robot" crews being available around that time. "Catwoman", which starts in September, may also logically fit into that mix.

Given the huge sets and the amount of construction involved, X3 crews will be hard at work long before the cameras start rolling. And Hugh Jackman, who plays Wolverine, will be tied up doing "The Boy From Oz" on Broadway, which may take him well into 2004.

The cast is expected to return almost in its entirety, albeit with concessions made for Halle Berry -- her time commitment will be minimal. There is some speculation that Bryan Singer, who directed the first two movies of the series, might not be back. In spite of the awesome results of his X2 work, the cast was not happy with certain aspects of the production -- not to mention their total lack of sympathy over Singer's reported prescription drug snafu, reportedly an accidental ingestion that briefly knocked him out of commission.

June 16, 2003: X2 executive Producer Tom DeSanto recently spoke with Cinescape about what other mutants we might see if a third film goes ahead: "Angel - The funny thing about Angel is that he was in several versions of the original X-Men script until very, very late in the game...He was also in quite a few drafts of X-Men 2 and it was ultimately decided that, again, story time was better spent developing other characters like Nightcrawler. So hopefully we'll see him in X-Men 3, but it ultimately comes down to serving the story.
    Beast - Beast is probably the number one contender who's made it the farthest along in X-Men and X-Men 2. Sentinels - For a while, the Sentinels were in some of the thought processes behind the second movie, but again, it's trying to keep it real and do it right. If they're done, I think they should be in all their 30-foot-tall glory and not walking around human size".

June 12, 2003: Reports indicate that James Marsden has signed on for a third film, but both Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart are waiting to see of the story is good. The report also reported that producer Ralph Winter said, "I think if we can figure out the story quickly, we could be out in a two year period."

May 22, 2003: Entertainment Weekly got the latest scoop on what we may be able to expect in the upcoming third X-Installment. Among other hints dropped by various cast members, writer David Hayter notes that while Wolverine's storyline is the fun one, "the heart of the X-Men really revolves around what's happening to Jean and if we see her in the future." Ok, so Hayter says to expect Jean's return as Phoenix. What about director Bryan Singer? He's vague about possible new X-Men (EW doesn't supply any direct quotes), but apparently the current candidates are the blue simian Beast, the winged Angel, and fan-favorite cajun card-thrower Gambit, 'who might present Iceman with some competition for the affections of Rogue, hints Singer'. Sounds good - who else wants this movie tomorrow?

May 22, 2003: X2 Producer Lauren Shuler Donner recently spoke to Empire Magazine about where the X-Men series could go, and it sounds like she's not as attached to the Phoenix storyline saga that is hinted at the end of X2 as the film would suggest. "We don't have to do the trilogy right away. I think you just go do a while different thing, like Days Of Future Past." For those of you who don't know, Days Of Future Past is a famous X-Men storyline set in a dark future where the government has released dangerous mutant-hunting robots called 'The Sentinels' that have tracked and killed most of the X-Men, leaving only a ragged Wolverine and a few remaining X-Men. Since the films haven't even introduced the Sentinels yet in the present, this seems a bit unlikely. But hey - she's the Producer, so I guess it's at least a possibility.

May 12, 2003: Kelly Hu on X3: "My contract was for two films, but we'll have to wait and see what happens when people actually sit down to write the next one," says Hu, who starred in the TV series Nash Bridges and Martial Law and opposite The Rock in The Scorpion King. But waitaminute, didn't she... you know?

May 8, 2003: Shawn Ashmore is also expected to be back for X3. No official signing has been made, but Ashmore is keen on returning as Bobby Drake aka Iceman. Thanks to the various emails sent in. So what about Hugh, Patrick, Ian, Halle, James... no word of them as of yet, although there has been reports that Halle Berry does not wish to return... hmmm, will she be missed?

May 8, 2003: What was left out of X2 and could possibly be in X3...?:

The Danger Room and the Danger room control room (where someone can monitor & supervise the training sessions)
    Beast and Beast's laboratory
    Angel and Archangel
    The interior of Alkali Lake's abandoned base, which included some very intricate prison cells and a giant cylindrical room where a big fight sequence was going to happen between Toad and Nightcrawler, a breathtaking mid-air battle.
    A land vehicle that was going to come out of the cargo area of the X-Jet. A secret level in the Pentagon in Washington D.C.

May 5, 2003: Famke Janssen talked with The Toronto Sun and revealed a solid commitment to return in some capacity in a third "X-Men" flick - "I have a firm commitment to the X-Men movies. They are my priority. I've signed for a third. If, and when, it happens I'll arrange my schedule around it...I have no idea where the writers will go with Jean's story, but there are some great possibilities and ones I'd really like to explore".

May 2, 2003: E! Online reports the following rumor from Anderson Jones:

"I can tell you that a very good source says a sequel is a "100 percent" certainty. Already Rebecca Romijn-Stamos, [Alan] Cumming and ex-footballer Daniel Cudmore (Colossus) are signed up for the next adventure. But director Bryan Singer, who's headed to Mexico for more X2 promotion, tells me he has at least one condition for returning to the director's chair: "I have to do something in between.""

May 1, 2003: Alan Cumming confirmed to the Calgary Sun that he and Rebecca Romjin-Stamos have both signed on for a third X-Men! Thanks to DH

April 25, 2003: From Sci-Wire and thanks to CountingDown.com: "Bryan Singer, director of the upcoming X-Men sequel film, X2, told SCI FI Wire that a lot of comic mythology didn't make it into the second movie, but could end up in a third. "Possibly," he said in an interview. "You choose your battles. You figure out what serves the story and what is ultimately tangential." Singer added, "[In] each X-Men film, we lost a character. I had to battle Beast out of the first film. I think Angel was a character that found its way into almost towards the final drafts of this script. I had a wonderful scene with Angel that I was very fond of, and had to get rid of, because you don't want to have characters and plot lines for the sake of having characters and plot lines.""

March 18, 2003: Bryan Singer sat down with CFQ Magazine and had this to say about Beast:

"I love Beast as a character, and I'd like to have him in the next movie. He will have to be done with CG, because makeup would just take too much time. I'd also love to do something with the Danger Room, but that didn't work out."

March 6, 2003: Kelly Hu in a recent interview with E! Online, hints at a possible return of her Lady Deathdtrike character: "I certainly hope so. I've already signed a contract. Whether or not they have me come back is another story, but I'd love to"

February 17, 2003: From an interview with actor Daniel Cudmore, who will be playing Colossus in X2, and possibly X3:

Cudmore said his role in the sequel sets the stage for what he hopes will be an even bigger role in the third film. "I'm currently in negotiations," he said. "Sometimes it can be really daunting. You see all these accredited actors on television and I have to ask myself how I got into this and basically it's luck and lots of hard work. I know that this is a chance of a lifetime, but I'm also taking it in stride. I got so lucky so fast that I'm not stressing out over things. I'm happy and learning this business."

December 10, 2002: Although, he is not in X-Men 2, there are rumors floating around stating that Tyler Mane, the man who played Sabretooth in the first film, is signed on for two more sequels.

November 19, 2002: Sci-Fi Wire spoke with Halle Berry who indicated she has not signed on to play 'Storm' in a third film though if she did she would want a bigger role as her screen time is about equal (if not less) than in the first one, and this entry involves "All the [characters] from the past, plus five new ones. So I think it's very much an ensemble. You don't really get into the mind of Storm in this movie. You don't really get to know where she comes from, what makes her tick. I don't think that's what this one is about...I do think they should use their powers a bit more"

I just hope they don't fuck up this movie. X-men 2 was soooo good. I expect X3 to take it to the next level

Comment

I read some where that Halle Berry doesn't want to do X-men 3. I really hope she changes her mind...

Comment

More X-men 3 news and rumors

Zap2it.com has reported the following: The film will likely be centered more on Wolverine's (Hugh Jackman) story and Jean Grey's (Famke Janssen) transformation, while Storm (Halle Berry) may be completely absent or only appear in a cameo performance.

Actors already signed on for a sequel include: Hugh Jackman (Wolverine), Famke Janssen (Jean Grey), Anna Paquin (Rogue), Aaron Standford (Pyro), Shawn Ashmore (Iceman), James Marsden (Cyclops), Alan Cumming (Nightcrawler), Rebecca Romijn-Stamos (Mystique), Daniel Cudmore (Collossus) and Kelly Hu, whose character Lady Deathstrike appeared to have died in the last film.

Not signed on yet: Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart, who will both likely wait for a completed script before signing on.

Reports indicated Orlando Bloom is up for the role of Gambit. First Superman now Gambit? Will he turn down this role too? We'll keep you posted on this, and thanks to everyone who e-mailed this in.

Looks as though Bryan Singer is set to direct the third installment: "At the Society of Composers and Lyricists screening of X2 on Tuesday night, Bryan Singer indicated he had just last week completed his treatment of X3. He also says that he hopes to get a feature film directed before starting in on X3, so that seems like we can expect him to direct this 3rd film". Thanks to SuperHeroHype.com

Bridgette Wilson as Emma Frost. Rumor of the day? or fact? Only time will tell. Thanks to Candy again for the tidbit!

Candy sends in some more X3 tidbits. This time she states Access Hollywood ran a report indicating Gwen Stefani, of No Doubt fame, is interested in the role of Dazzler: "they said that Gwen Stefani of No Doubt and the upcoming movie "The Aviator" with Kate Beckinsale, coincidentally, has been inquiring on a possible part in X3. They said the logical choice would be Alison Blair/Dazzler, who was a former singer. Also, I don't know how credible this is, but I read on a site a little while ago that Bryan Singer said Gambit wouldn't have anything bigger than a small part, because he's too similar to Cyclops in powers and too similar to Wolverine in personality." Thanks Candy for the heads up!

Some very interesting rumors surfacing up for the third installment. Here are a few: Candy tells us that according to Premiere Magazine, Kate Beckinsale ("Pearl Harbor" and the upcoming "Underworld") is up for the role of Betsey Braddock aka Psylocke. Other rumored new characters include the fan favourite Gambit, the blue furry Beast, and Angel. As far as Beast goes, Natalie tells us he will be all CG and the man who voiced the Beast in the cartoon X-Men will be the man who will be doing it in the movie. Stay Tuned, you know I'll be on top of this!

Comment

Halle Berry...

Halle Berry talked about her role as Storm on SciFi Wire: Halle Berry, who has played Storm in two X-Men movies, told SCI FI Wire that she is lobbying for improvements in the way the character is portrayed in a proposed third film—whether she plays her again or not. "After every movie, ... the real die-hard fans come up to me, and they often say, 'Yeah, you know, Storm was OK. But she should do more. She should fly. She should fight. She should be more of what she is in the comic-book series,'" Berry said in an interview at Comic-Con International in San Diego.

Berry added, "I'm not really complaining. I'm happy to be a part of it. It's been a great franchise to be a part of. But I think the fans feel that in the comic books, she's represented as a little bit more of a leader, and she uses her powers a little bit more than just changing her eyes and doing the weather. I think they want to see her do a little more things. So, as they continue to tell me this, I continue to try to pass this along, to no avail. So that maybe the next time, Storm will be ... whether I play Storm or not ... maybe the character will get to do more of what she traditionally does in the comic books."

Berry said that she hasn't made up her mind yet about whether to reprise the role again. "No, I haven't," she said. "Simply because I haven't seen a script. I haven't been offered the third movie, you know? So I have no idea if it'll come my way or not."

Comment

X-Men 3 update!!

Its rumoured that x3 will now have gambit as a main role. Due to brian singer finally doing some research into the world of marvel. Along with beast and angel who are dead certs to the movie brian wants to involve the phoniex storyline it has also said that England maybe where the x-men story will head. So does this mean Hellfire club will be in the story?

X-Men and X2 Executive Producer Tom DeSanto recently appeared at ManiaFest 2003, and while there, he briefly spoke about costumes in superhero films. While discussing this topic, DeSanto mentioned a scene he had devised for the first X-Men movie where the Danger Room was used as a mechanism to explain the practicality of the X-Men outfits, and how they are armored for protection:

"Wolverine is arrogant and doesn't want to put on a costume, so when the flamethrower comes up for Cyclops, who's smarter than Wolverine, he's just nailing the room, he's just acing it. And poor Logan, first the battering ram comes out and his shoe flies off, then the flamethrower, and his shirt's on fire...He's trying to put it out and take his shirt off, and then this guillatine comes out, and it just became this whole sequence which explained the costumes. So the Danger Room shuts down, and Logan's in there, his hair is half-singed, he's just in tatters."

Comment

More news

Aussie boy Hugh Jackman might be growing the sideburns twice more if an exclusive report from X3 Movie is accurate. According to the site, 20th Century Fox is looking to sign a two-picture deal with the actor - the only original "X-Men" cast member to have been offered a new deal for two films for his character (the others confirmed for "X3" like Marsden & Cumming are already signed but for just that film). Salary wise its expected to net around $20 million for Hugh, the deal would include either further "X-Men" sequels and/or a potential "Wolverine" spin-off film. Fox is apparently already developing the spin-off with Hugh, Kelly Hu and Tyler Mane apparently on the list to reprise their characters. It all depends of course on scheduling and covering the costs of bringing all these big actors together again. An internal FOX source says "X3, right now is quiet. No meetings have taken place, regarding the third film, but may begin in 2004. A Wolverine film, is also on our to-do list, but is in the same boat, as X3"

From Empire Magazine: It's been all quiet on the mutant front of late. There's no doubt that there will be an X3. The only questoin is whose going to be involved. Halle Berry looks like a goner. Hugh Jackman is keen, but post Van-Helsing might be too expensive. Alan Cumming, though, will suffer Nightcrawlers blue make-up once more.

"The better the technology gets, I might not have to go at all", laughs Cumming, who also nixed rumours of Bryan Singer's non-involvement. "I bumped into Bryan in New York and he said he's had a breakthrough with the story. But I think he's planning to make another film first, so he's not just "Mr. X-men".

Comment

X-Men 3 has been projected for a 2006 release date.
                The Sydney Morning Herald talked to Lauren Shuler Donner about the X-Men franchise and she has some very good news for the fans. According to the producer, they are developing X-Men 3 and plan to follow it up with a Wolverine spin-off movie, with [Hugh] Jackman starring in both. "The ideal thing will be to do Wolverine after X-Men 3 and that's what we plan to do," Shuler Donner said. "We'll probably develop Wolverine at the same time, but we'll do X-3 then we'll do Wolverine."

Comment

December 16, 2003: Producer Lauren-Shuler Donner recently talked to DarkHorizons about X-Men 3. When asked about new characters she said: "I have a great idea for Gambit but I can't say what it is." She went on to say she would like to start shooting X3 in the Summer of 2005 but says it will take some time to make the deals. Dan Harris and Mike Dougherty will be the writers, they are also writing and developing a Wolverine movie at the same time, but it won't come out until after X3. As far as the storyline, here what she said when asked about the Dark Phoenix story: "We have to, we kind of left that out there so we have to follow that thread along with some other stories." She also mentioned that everyone got 2 picture deals, so everyone in the first 2 movies are not signed, but those who made they're first appearance in the second are signed on ie. Alan Cummings (Nightcrawler) and Daniel Cudmore (Collosus).

Comment

Colin Farrell

There is a rumor going around that Colin Farrell is in the front running for a role in X-Men 3 as Gambit. Keep in mind that this is only a rumor.

Comment

I hope that this is a go and that Halle will return as "Storm". Also, I really hope to see Psylocke. She is one of my favorite X-Men characters. I don't know why they didn't put her in the first one. I think they should also make a movie based on the super team "X-Force".However, I think in this third installment. They should include other marvel characters, like members from the "X-Force", "Excalibur" or "X-Factor" teams. Or hell, just make a " New Mutants" movie....holla

Comment

wolverine is hott.

Comment

I wish they would some home fit Bishop in this next movie.

Comment

More news

The Bradenton Herald spoke to Patrick Stewart about the third installment of those uncanny X-Men: "X-Men 3 should come out in 2005," Stewart said on the red carpet. During the discussion inside the theater he said he hoped the franchise continues for several more films"

Source: CountingDown.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X