Paris Hilton Seeks Appeal, Pardons Publicist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paris Hilton Seeks Appeal, Pardons Publicist

"I feel that the sentence is both cruel and unwarranted," says Hilton. Her fans are petitioning Governor Arnold.

The many moods of Paris Hilton shifted again when the jail-bound socialite rehired the publicist she blamed for her 45-day sentence.

Elliot Mintz confirmed to The Associated Press on Tuesday that he is again representing the 26-year-old socialite, who was ordered to report to county jail by June 5 for violating the terms of her probation in an alcohol-related reckless driving case.

On her official MySpace page, Hilton asks her friends, typos and all, to sign the petition.

To: The Honorable Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger

Paris Whitney Hilton is an American celebrity and socialite. She is an heiress to a share of the Hilton Hotel fortune, as well as to the real estate fortune of her father Richard Hilton. She provides hope for young people all over the U.S. and the world. She provides beauty and excitement to (most of) our otherwise mundane lives.

Hilton is notable for her leading roles on the FOX reality series The Simple Life and in the remake of the Vincent Price horror classic "House of Wax". In addition to her work as an actress, she has achieved some recognition as a model, celebrity spokesperson, singer, and writer.

As most of America now knows, Ms. Hilton was just charged in a Los Angeles court with DUI and sentenced to 45 days in Century Regional Detention Facility in California beginning on or before June 5, 2007.

We, the American public who support Paris, are shocked, dismayed and appalled by how Paris has been the person to be used as an example that Drunk Driving is wrong. We do not support drunk driving or DUI charges. Paris should have been sober. But she shouldn't go to jail, either.

As depicted on Friday night's episode "Nancy Grace" on Headline News (May 4, 2007), countless celebrities have been "slapped on the wrist" for similar incidents recently. Nick Nolte, Mel Gibson, Tracy Morgan, Wynonna Judd, to name a few, were arrested and never did a day in jail after their initial arrests for drunk driving /DUI /DWI charges. Rappers Busta Rhymes and Eve still walk free after both being arrested for the same charges as Ms. Hilton just this past week. Brandy's California Highway accident, although no proof of DUI was evidenced in her accident, resulting in the death of a young wife and mother in California, yet Brandy walks free as of today, never doing any time and A WOMAN HAS BEEN KILLED most likely due to her reckless driving!

Yet, Paris Hilton did not hurt, injure, or kill anyone or anything, and yet she must do jail time.

This petition is to ask Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to pardon Paris Hilton for her mistake. Please allow her to her return to her career and life. Everyone makes mistakes. She didn't hurt or kill anyone, and she has learned her lesson. She is sincere, apologetic, and full of regret for her actions as she explained tearfully to the Judge handling her case in court yesterday.She is distraught and understandably afraid.

WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT to save our Paris from ending up at the Century Regional Detention Facility! Please sign to tell The Honorable Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger of the State of California, to think about the welfare of this young woman who has made a mortal error and deserves a second chance like so many others in our great nation have been served with after a mistake they have made . If the late Former President Gerald Ford could find it in his heart to pardon the late Former President Richard Nixon after his mistake(s), we undeniably support Paris Hilton being pardoned for her honest mistake as well, and we hope and expect The Governor will understand and grant this unusual but important request in good faith to Ms. Paris Whitney Hilton.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/PH21781/

Mintz, 62, wouldn't elaborate on why he reunited with Hilton. The publicist, whose clients have included John Lennon and Bob Dylan, issued a statement Sunday night that he and Hilton had parted ways over an apparent "misunderstanding she received from me regarding the terms of her probation."

In a court appearance Friday, Hilton told the judge Mintz informed her it was all right to drive on a suspended license for work obligations. Mintz also testified Hilton believed she was allowed to drive. The judge called Mintz's testimony worthless.

Hilton - star of reality TV show "The Simple Life" on the E! network - has called the sentence unfair, and her fans have posted a petition on the Internet urging Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger to pardon her.

"I feel that I was treated unfairly and that the sentence is both cruel and unwarranted and I don't deserve this," Hilton told photographers assembled outside her home Saturday.

A Schwarzenegger spokesman told The Associated Press it was "premature" for the governor to get involved.

The governor's office hasn't reviewed the petition but has received individual e-mails from constituents both for and against a gubernatorial pardon, Schwarzenegger spokesman Aaron McLear said Tuesday.

"We'll treat this as we would any other case of this nature, but it would be premature for the governor to get involved until the individual has exhausted his or her judicial remedies," McLear said.

The petition, which had more than 900 signatures by Tuesday morning, urges the California actor-turned-governor to pardon Hilton because she provides "beauty and excitement to (most of) our otherwise mundane lives."

"If the late former President Gerald Ford could find it in his heart to pardon the late former President Richard Nixon after his mistake(s), we undeniably support Paris Hilton being pardoned for her honest mistake as well, and we hope and expect the governor will understand and grant this unusual but important request in good faith to Ms. Paris Whitney Hilton," the petition says.

Meanwhile, Hilton's lawyers have filed a notice with the court indicating their intent to appeal the decision. The document is required before a formal appeal can be lodged.

The latest installment of "The Simple Life," which throws Hilton and pal Nicole Richie , 25, into everyday situations, premieres May 28 on E! After famously feuding and filming their parts separately last season, the celebutantes reunite as camp counselors for the show's fifth installment.

Source: AP

There's no way she's going to jail for 45 days for driving on a suspended license. Hilton will be quiet and respectful in court and the second judge will change the punishment to a suspended sentence.

Comment

I bet Paris Hilton wishes she had one of these...

Comment

I just don't see why people give a rat's ass about this story to begin with, I think it would be great to see her serve her sentence just like any of us commoners would have to if we did what she did. Just because she is famous doesn't mean the rules don't apply.

On a side note, I hope there is no air conditioner in her cell so she can finally make sense when she says "That's Hot!"

Comment

Originally posted by RDLee View Post
          I just don't see why people give a rat's ass about this story to begin with, I think it would be great to see her serve her sentence just like any of us commoners would have to if we did what she did. Just because she is famous doesn't mean the rules don't apply.

On a side note, I hope there is no air conditioner in her cell so she can finally make sense when she says "That's Hot!"
          Oh please, you know you would hit that if she gave it up to you.

Comment

yeah I would if there were a cure for herpes. haha.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X